2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2013 3:56 PM by DDcreams

Frequent crashes followed by "unsupported paths" for libraries

A couple times a day Adobe Edge will suddenly crash, and upon reloading and testing my project in browser, I'll receive a static page and Edge will pop up with an error saying:

"Unsuppported path(s):

[path to library]"

Restarting Edge and my computer a couple times will usually fix it, but I don't see any pattern to when or why it breaks. The libraries I'm importing are some jQuery UI files (1.0.4) and EdgeCommons (1.0.2). anyone else have this problem?

• 1. Re: Frequent crashes followed by "unsupported paths" for libraries
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, kyleab-

Can you upload your project for us to look at?  You'll need to package up your entire project folder and upload it to a server like Creative Cloud, Dropbox, or Google Drive.

• 2. Re: Frequent crashes followed by "unsupported paths" for libraries
            DDcreams Level 1

I had several...... Encounters myself

Sometimes what would happen is during the writing of the exported scripts that they wouldn't finish a line or whatever mid crash, most were not hard to correct... tracking down by naming conventions based upon what I was working on when it happened..

Problem was it was a pain in the butt, Fact is the software is getting the bugs worked out so those types of issues should clear up down the road.

Until then the best approach I found was making routine backups of the root project folder, because some bugs I just gave up on tracking down... and it's easier just to save often and backup progressively as you go...

I would estimate I have crashed Edge a couple hundred times at the very least so far heh.