5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 8:52 AM by tillman_clt

I cannot believe how poor support is for licensing issues

tillman_clt

I have a license of CS5 that I upgraded to CS6 in January. I had a minor problem with the licenses that within 15 minutes ON THE PHONE were fixed.. The same thing happened again when I changed machines in June... simple fix.. I just had to re-install everything and now No one can do anything except elevate it to a "senior team" I was told this last Thursday.. I had a deliverable I had to do. No the team would contact me in 2 - 3 days!! Called again on Friday to try and get my deliverable done.. Again 2- 3 business days and now I bought CS5 on a volume plan ?? Really? (I am just one person) and my upgrade was retail.. I paid the same price as retail on the CS5 so why should it matter??? Then I am told I have to now buy the full up fersion of CS6. Why didn't somebody catch this up from when I was buying and installing the upgrade? Needles to say I missed my presntaion on the 3D cpabilities of Photoshop. Now today.... Same story 2-3 days!!!! Oh BTW, I haven't heard from the "senior team" from last week yet... I have used Photoshop since 1988.. I will never buy and Adobe product again...

• 1. Re: I cannot believe how poor support is for licensing issues
          Ashutosh.Nigam Adobe Employee

Apologize for the bad experience, Please check your mail and provide me with the required info.

I would try to resolve it ASAP.

Regards,

Ashutosh

• 2. Re: I cannot believe how poor support is for licensing issues
            tillman_clt Level 1

I am trying to get my CS6 licensed. I purchased it in January of this year as an upgrade to CS5.

We had some issue when I keyed it and the tech gave me a code that unlocked the software and it ran. The CS5 key did not match the CS6 for some reason.

In June I had to change computers and the same issue happened. The same fix was given.

Last week  (Wednesday)I got my computer back from a major crash and started to re-install software. I knew photoshop would be an issue because what had happened in the past. I connected with chat and that was when the fun began. After a half hour Thursday morning, I was told that the tech would have to refer it up to a senior team. I told the tech I has in a deadline crunch and the 2-3 days would not cut it. No compromise after trying to get a quicker response time with no luck, the tech told me have a great day and disconnected.. I connected again Friday ( I had by now missed  my presentation on using 3d in Photoshop of all things.) This time after a half hour, the tech tells me that I purchased CS5 on a volume plan (I didn’t know this) and that my CS6 upgrade was a retail and so I would have to purchase the CS6 full price version… Again, I was told have a nice day and that a senior team would contact me – 2-3 business days.. I missed Friday’s delivery as well. I connected again today because I haven’t heard from the “senior team” yet. After a long conversation I get the senior team thing again. By now I am more than frustrated. I finally get a 24 hour response. Right now, the 24 hour response in 3 day too late. I have had this fixed in the past with little or no effort. This is the first time I have been told that the licenses are for volume and/or retail.

I want this fixed. I want the licenses fixed as well so I don’t have to go through this again. Right now, my opinion of Adobe is pretty low.

• 3. Re: I cannot believe how poor support is for licensing issues
              tillman_clt Level 1

I tried to reply to your email, but it came back undeliverable... sorry

• 4. Re: I cannot believe how poor support is for licensing issues
                Jeffrey Tranberry Adobe Employee

Hi Tillman, I'll have someone contact you directly to get you fixed up.

• 5. Re: I cannot believe how poor support is for licensing issues
                  tillman_clt Level 1

7 days...... Still waiting.........