Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert .msg files to PDF?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a folder full of hundreds of .msg files, many with attachments.  I need to convert them to PDF.  I have a Mac with Adobe Pro X, and a PC on which I just installed a trial version of Adobe Pro XI.  I have tried to do this on my own, on both machines, with little success.

I have tried the "drag and drop" method to try to "combine files into one PDF."  Unfortunately, .msg files do not appear to be a supported file type in either Pro X or Pro XI.

On my PC, I am able to use the print to PDF function to individually turn each .msg file into a PDF.  However, there are two challenges I'm hoping to solve:

1)  The print to PDF function writes any attachments as separate PDFs, instead of automatically merging them all into one file.  It takes time to have to enter a new file name for each attachment and save, and also requires me to name them very specifically, so I know which attachments go with which message file(s).

2)  Even if I could solve the attachment issue, I expect that it will take a LOT of time to convert each of these files, one by one.  Is there a workaround or way to batch convert .msg files?  Or is there some kind of add-on or plug-in that will allow me to use the combine files into one PDF function with .msg files?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

One approach would be to drag and drop your folder of.msg files into Outlook. Next, setup an automatic archive under the Adobe PDF ribbon by selecting the Setup Automatic Archival icon. Under the Automatic Archival tab you can select your folder of email messages in Outlook. Then, under the Settings tab make sure you have "Include all attachments in the Adobe PDF" selected as well.

archive.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One approach would be to drag and drop your folder of.msg files into Outlook. Next, setup an automatic archive under the Adobe PDF ribbon by selecting the Setup Automatic Archival icon. Under the Automatic Archival tab you can select your folder of email messages in Outlook. Then, under the Settings tab make sure you have "Include all attachments in the Adobe PDF" selected as well.

archive.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines