5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 11:52 AM by A.T. Romano

Exporting both the soundtrack and the audio 1 track as an mp3 file.

mrfcj Level 1

I am trying to export the soundtrack and the audio track from my movie as an mp3 file.  Only the soundtrack gets exported.  I have done everything I can think of.  I've unlinked video 1 from audio 1.  I've 'grouped' audio1 and soundtrack.  I've disable all the video tracks.  Help please ... and thank you.

• 1. Re: Exporting both the soundtrack and the audio 1 track as an mp3 file.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrfcj

Please confirm what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

From your prior posts I suspect that you have Premiere Elements 11 on Window something? Is that correct? Assuming it is....

If you have video linked with audio on Video 1/Audio 1 and soundtrack on Soundtrack, you should be able to export the Audio 1 and Soundtrack together under Publish+Share/Computer/Audio with Presets = MP3 High Quality. It is an audio Only export so you do not have to unlink the Video 1 and Audio 1 content nor group Audio 1 content with Soundtrack content.

Does the above describe what you have been doing to get your audio 1/soundtrack combo export?

I just road tested it and it works fine. How are the relative volumes of those tracks set up...could the volume from one be masking the volume of another? Before export, increase the volume of one that you cannot hear in the export.

Also, try this as Publish+Share/Computer/Audio with Presets = Windows Waveform and see if you get the same results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Exporting both the soundtrack and the audio 1 track as an mp3 file.
            mrfcj Level 1

You are right.  Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64bit.

What you describe is what I did first.  I also tried the export Windows wav/.  Neither worked.  The volumes of the audio and soundtrack are very similar.  The audio track doesn’t come at all no matter how high I jack up the volume.

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Exporting both the soundtrack and the audio 1 track as an mp3 file.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mrfcj

If you have not already, start a new project with just Audio 1 content. No Soundtrack. Export that. Do you get the Audio 1 sound intact in the export?

If yes, then import the soundtrack and export Audio 1 and Soundtrack contents. What is the outcome? Hear one or both?

Also, look at...

With your Audio 1 content volume increased to the max + 6 db.....

Try this to amplify further the volume on Audio 1. Make copies of Audio 1 content and stack the copies one on top of the other Audio 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on.

Does that help in the export to hear both?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Exporting both the soundtrack and the audio 1 track as an mp3 file.
                mrfcj Level 1

I had to stop for an appointment yesterday.  This morning when I turned the computer on I decided to try again to export both tracks.  It worked!  The only difference that I can see is that yesterday I would have had other programs open … not sure which but probably Outlook, Word, Photoshop and Illustrator.

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Exporting both the soundtrack and the audio 1 track as an mp3 file.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mrfcj

Great news of success. That multitasking may have been the key.

Please update us on any further developments when you get the chance.

Thanks.

ATR