0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2007 8:02 AM by jo251

Incompatible object argument for function call exception

jo251
      I am hoping someone has seen this issue before.
      Running CF 7.0.1.116466 with JRun 4.

I have a 3rd party search engine application running on a separate server. I interface with the engine via their Java API. I am able to use the search engine when executing using a home grown Java application. It also worked with CF 6. However, when I try to implement the same cold in CF, it fails with the exception attached below. I am able to successfully create the objects. The error occurs when the objects attempt to connect with the engine.

I have also attached the code that is causing the errors.
      "seObj" creates an interface with the search engine. It is constructed with the server address as a parameter. It does not attempt to contact the engine when it is first constructed.
      "dsObj" allows access to specific content in the engine. This is where the connection to the engine is attempted and the error occurs.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

12/13 10:26:12 error (class: org/jacorb/orb/Delegate, method: getReference signature: (Lorg/jacorb/poa/POA;)Lorg/omg/CORBA/portable/ObjectImpl;) Incompatible object argument for function call
      java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/jacorb/orb/Delegate, method: getReference signature: (Lorg/jacorb/poa/POA;)Lorg/omg/CORBA/portable/ObjectImpl;) Incompatible object argument for function call
      at org.jacorb.orb.ORB._getObject(Unknown Source)
      at org.jacorb.orb.ORB.string_to_object(Unknown Source)
      at com.engenium.semetric.Engine.initRef(Engine.java:731)
      at com.engenium.semetric.Engine.getDocSet(Engine.java:81)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
      at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy.invoke(JavaProxy.java:74)
      at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:1634)
      at cfinsert2ecfm673131553.runPage(C:\Documents and Settings\Jameso\My Documents\workspace\SemetricCF7\insert.cfm:12)
      at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:152)
      at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:349)
      at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
      at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:210)
      at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:51)
      at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
      at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:27)
      at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:69)
      at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:52)
      at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:2 8)
      at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
      at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
      at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
      at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:115)
      at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:107)
      at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:78)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:257)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:541)
      at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:318)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:426)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:264)
      at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)