4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2013 10:58 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premier elements 11.

Anna Tee Level 1

Hi someone

I have an error which   appears on my desktop when I turn on the  .Elements Premier 11 icon .This  is  what comes   up. BAD IMAGE.  C;Windows\System32\acitfx64.dill is either not designed

to run on Windows or it contains an error.Contact your installation media or software vendor for support.   I have previusly  used Elements 4 and Elements 9. This one seems a dud.

Can anyone help. I am running it on 64 bit.

Thanks

Anne Tee.

Annabelle Thompson

athomp@xtra.co.nz

• 1. Re: Adobe Premier elements 11.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is the Pro forum, you need the Elements forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

• 2. Re: Adobe Premier elements 11.
            Jim_Simon Level 8

[Moved to Premiere Elements forum.]

• 3. Re: Adobe Premier elements 11.
              Karandeep Adobe Employee

HI,

Just try to run the Adobe Premier elements.exe from Program file.Location where the appllication gets install is

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11 {For 64 bit machine}

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11(For 32 bit machine)

If it works fine from there just create a shortcut by right clicking on the Adobe Premeier elements.exe and click on create shortcut

Regards

Karandeep singh

• 4. Re: Adobe Premier elements 11.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Annabelle

This current thread represents a duplicate in the Premiere Elements Forum. Your original here is being answered to.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1339919?tstart=0

It gets confusing for the person asking the question and those trying to help to answer the question under those circumstances.

I would suggest that you continue in the original thread.

Matter seems to have been complicated since this "duplicate" somehow ended up in the Premiere Pro Forum and subsequently got transferred back here.

In your follow up in the original thread here, others as well as myself can continue to try to help.

As for Karandeep singh's suggestion....there are two processes involved in the opening of Premiere Elements. The first is targeted by the desktop icon double click to open the program. The target is the file Adobe Premiere Elements 11.exe. That opens to the Welcome Screen. The next that should open automatically is the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file. You can bypass the Welcome Screen, by going to the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file on the hard drive, right clicking it, selecting Sent to, followed by selecting Desktop (Create Shortcut). Then you use that newly created shortcut to open the program by passing the Adobe Premiere Elements 11.exe and the Welcome Screen.

These files are located in the path...

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Premiere Elements 11

You can get there also via the original destop icon...right click it, select Properties, select Open File Location. The two files that you seek are right next to each other at that location.

I will leave it to the moderators how to handle the thread duplications that have resulted. I will respond in your original thread cited above.

ATR