3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2007 7:38 AM by Captiv8r

HHC5003 compile error

Jop Smith Level 1
      When compiling my project I get the following error:

HHC5003: Error:
      Compilation failed while compiling http:...

I've added a URL for my home page in the Advanced Window Properties dialog box and this is what it's having a problem with. However, the project compiles OK and the Home link works fine.

Just wondered why it's happening and how I can remedy it.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: HHC5003 compile error
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi jop22.

This "error" message is seen when the compiler can not find a "file" in the project. However as this is not a file but a link which is outside the project you can just ignore the message. As you have found, the link works.
          • 2. HHC5003 compile error
            Jop Smith Level 1
            That's fine then. Thanks.

Another quirk I'm encountering (and this is off topic) is that everytime I compile my "Contents" file, its HHP file ends up with loads of network references to my merged Help files (e.g. G:\<Server>\<Folder>\<File.chm>) as well as just the <File.chm> reference to the merged files. This results in duplicate entries in the Search.

How can I stop it adding these references to the HHP file?

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
            • 3. Re: HHC5003 compile error
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi jop22

This would seem to imply you may have your project stored on a LAN (network drive)? If so, try moving it to your local C drive. Working with a project while it is stored on a LAN causes more grief than you might imagine.

Sincerely... Rick