• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CC is still in trial mode after Creative Cloud service was subscribed.

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just subscribed Creative Cloud Service (Photography Package). After that, I installed Adobe LR and PS. LR works fine. However, Adobe PS CC is still telling me that my trial is ending soon. I am try so many ways to solve the problem but unfortunately I cannot.

Anyone facing this problem? I am using OS X 10.9 by the way.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Hello Tapinapahkina and Jc84909,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Systems.

I have verified both of your accounts and everything is alright in our end.

If you have any trouble to launch your Adobe product and has been revert to trial and/or prompt for a serial number, please try the steps below:

1. Sign Out and Sign In back following the steps:

Sign out, Sign in | Creative Cloud Desktop app

2. Delete the OPM.db file:  

1. Close the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Windows: [System d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rawin,

Which OS are you using? As you launch Photoshop you will se an option to license this software. Click on it and sign in with your Adobe Id to activate the subscription.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helping me, nor are the other steps I'm finding. I've subscribed to CC since March, and not once has LightRoom worked properly. It is always a trial version, and when I open it to register it, it demands a serial number--and won't let me log in or register without it. I have to delete it and reinstall fresh every thirty days. I'm installing from the CC App manager. Now it won't work at all. I'm very, VERY frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing similar issues.

I have been long time customer for Adobe (From CS to CS6). Three weeks ago I joined "Creative Cloud for teams", because of the introdutory price for previous CS customers.

CC only lets me run the programs in trial mode. Trial perioid is about to end in one week's time. I have  tried everything you can possibly imagine: uninstalled and re-installed CS6 and CC programs, deactivated CS6, reactivated it, signed in and out from my CC account, verified all the contact information, made sure that language versions are correct etc.

Nothing works: still I get trial mode alert window every time I launch the programs. And yes, I have tried activation by signing in with my adobe ID as requested. Not enough: Programs claim I still need serial number that I DO NOT HAVE.

Been in touch with Adobe online customer service two times now. Lots of kind words but nothing has happened.

I have received first month subscritpion ticket to my contact email and my credit card has been charged. So I assume that my contact info is fine - still I haven't got any confirmation mail about the subscription besides that one ticket.

I am disappointed and frustrated. It seems that going back using CS6 is the only option for at the moment. It is really a shame, because in CC, there would have been couple of programs I'd love to use.

Only good thing in all this is that I still have few days left to cancel my subscription without having compelled to pay whole 12 months subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem; drives me crazy. Adobe forces me to join cloud, still I can only run trial version!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat as you. This is some serious bullshit. They should credit our accounts since we dont have full access to the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tapinapahkina and Jc84909,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Systems.

I have verified both of your accounts and everything is alright in our end.

If you have any trouble to launch your Adobe product and has been revert to trial and/or prompt for a serial number, please try the steps below:

1. Sign Out and Sign In back following the steps:

2. Delete the OPM.db file:  

1. Close the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

3. Delete the opm.db file.
  4. Launch Creative Cloud.

Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion

3. Reset your Hosts File: (follow the steps 3 from the link below)

Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later

Please, let me know how it goes and if the issue still stand after following scrupulously the given steps.

Thank you.

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emotikon_15,

I have verified your account but I was not able to pull out any subscription.

Have you subscribed with a different Adobe ID?

I would suggest you to please verify the Adobe ID you are using and to Sign In in the Creative Cloud Desktop by using the correct one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, this recently was rectified for me with the recent update (last week?), which seems to have helped a bunch of people as this issue was pretty widespread.

Update CC and the individual software packages, sign out and sign in again try to licence the software again. This got it working for me. 

I seem to lose a couple of hours with each major update trying to get the new software going again. I would have thought Adobe would streamline this stuff with CC instead of reverting the new software to trials for paying customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issues. I'm using Photoshop CC 2014 with OSX Mavericks, and also Illustrator CC 2014, and have tried removing opm.db, and all other suggested steps.

Is there a fix for this as this is really frustrating and I cannot access the software.

- Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

These steps are the most common one to resolve this kind of activation issue.

I have checked your account and everything is fine in our end.

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Have you been able to access to the OPM.db file from user library and not the general one?

Have you been able to access and to have the rights to modify the Hosts File and have you been able to remove all lines that contains Adobe in the Hosts File?

Thank you for your patience.

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on Mac 10.9, have looked at /etc/hosts and nothing with relation to Adobe there. I have removed the OPM.db from the user library. Re-installed Creative Cloud and also Photoshop and Illustrator. Nothing does the trick.

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Apologize for the delay of my response.

Can you please give me an update regarding the activation issue?

If the issue still stands, can you please provide me screen shots of the Hosts File?

Thank you.

Arnaud.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue. My boss bought several of us the creative cloud suite. Everyone's CC seems to be working fine except for mine.

On my bosses computer it says that my account is active and able to download the CC. But when I get them each application says it's a trial version. I was wondering if you could verify  my account or something just to check if it's a problem on my end or on yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. Bought Creative Cloud Students yesterday. It still says, that I'm in trial mode. Even with the steps Arnaud Mélon has told.

Did you already found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yannick Pulver  and ,

I have verified your accounts and everything is correct in our end.

Have you been able to follow correctly each steps given above?

Have you been in the User Library?

Have you been able to access to the Hosts file and to save it?

Could you please try under a new Admin Account?

Thank you for your patience.

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnaud Mélon

I just chatted with an supporter. He told me that I should go through this issues: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Like he said, I checked everything there. But it didn't changed anything. My hosts file is now looking like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-05 um 12.02.44.png

I also deleted the opm.db file in the user library, like you mentioned in another post.

I just created a new admin account on my Windows PC & tried to start the applications there. But there is also a "Trial"-window who shows up on start. Clicking on "License this software" brings me also to a form where I can enter a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theyanu,

The Hosts file contains still a lot of information about Adobe that blocks the activation.

Please delete ALL Adobe information from the Hosts File and then it should work.

Thanks!

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Arnaud!

That was the problem.

Deleting all the Adobe information helped me. I first thought that I only had to delete the "activate.adobe.com" entries.

Now I'm happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theyanu,

Thanks a lot for the confirmation!

Glad I could help you to activate your product.

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I can activate all apps.

Thanks for your helping, Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Thank you for providing us the feedback and confirming the issue resolution.

Glad I could help!

Arnaud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems....I bought Creative Cloud Membership yesterday but apps are still asking serial number in trial mode. Even I did not receive confirmation letter from Adobe. What should I do to use my membership without trial modes? I am using Mac OSX 10.9.4 currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnaud,

I want to report that everything is solved. I can download and activate the programs correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Josué Chávez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines