6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 3:42 PM by AndiSkene

Flash Professional CC won't launch

AndiSkene

I'm running the free trial version of Flash Professional CC on my laptop (I'm running windows 8). I started the trial monday and this morning it wouldn't launch but put up this error message:

Adobe Flash CC Has Stopped Working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I've tried signing out of the creative cloud account and then signing back in.

I've tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling it.

• 1. Re: Flash Professional CC won't launch
          Romsinha Adobe Employee

Moving to Flash forum.

• 2. Re: Flash Professional CC won't launch
            dharmk Adobe Employee

Can you please check if there is any licene validation error in appdata\Local\Temp\oobelib.log. You can search for the string Validation Failed.

You can also try the following and see if it solves the issue. Try launching Flash CS6 (or any other Adobe CC application), then go to Help -> Sign out, and sign out from your CC account. Relaunch the same application, it should throw up a sign-in dialog. Sign-in to your CC account and then try launching Flash CC.

-Dharmendra

• 3. Re: Flash Professional CC won't launch
              AndiSkene Level 1

I tried signing out of cloud and opening flash, but it still won't launch.

I checked the file in appdata\Local\Temp\oobelib.log and didn't find 'validation failed' when I ran a search.

I should add that I went back to the store where I bought my laptop and they told me that the free trial version of flash wasn't compatible with windows 8, but if I bought Flash that would take care of the problem. I came home and found this document on the compatibility of Flash with Windows 8.1 and so I upgraded my OS to 8.1 and reinstalled CC and Flash CC (free trial version). I ran into the same problem.

The explanation I got at the store doesn't make sense! I was able to run Flash for three days before this happened.

• 4. Re: Flash Professional CC won't launch
                Preran Adobe Employee

Hi AndiSkene,

Regret the inconvenience.

Can you private message me your contact details? I will have a support person get in touch with you.

To send a private message, click my name. In the page that appears, select the option to send a private message.

Thanks,

Preran

• 5. Re: Flash Professional CC won't launch
                  dharmk Adobe Employee

Hi Andi,

Can you also send us PDApp.log and amt3.log? It should be there at the same location.

We will also need to look at the crash dump. You can follow this link - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb787181%28v=vs.85%29.aspx for the instructions on how to enable them on windows. I've also mailed you some more details regarding the same.

Regards,

Dharmendra.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Flash Professional CC won't launch
                    AndiSkene Level 1

I apologize for taking so long to reply.

As I needed this program for work I took my laptop back to the store where I purchased it. The customer service rep suggested I try refreshing the system and reinstalling Flash. This approach did work and reset my trial back to thirty days, however, I ran into the same problem a little over a week later and had to refresh again.

I'd rather find a permanent solution to this problem rather than continually refreshing and reinstalling all my programs. I will send the documents you asked for soon.