3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 12:52 PM by mlance73

CS6 REDEMPTION CODE INVALID

LSIMPSON161

I'm pulling me hair out!   Trying to install Photoshop CS6 (mac). Went to web site www.adobe.com/go/getserial and typed my 24 digit redemption code into the six fields. I was very careful not to mix the zero (0) with the leter O.

When I pressed "enter" there is a dialogue box continually stating the code is invalid!

Purchase was from Amazon about two months ago.

Please, any suggestions?

• 1. Re: CS6 REDEMPTION CODE INVALID
          Curt Y Level 7

Check to make sure the program is a Mac version.  s/n determines OS.  If it is mac OS then call Adobe and ask them to verify s/n, it could be a fake program.  Happens all the time on eBay.

• 2. Re: CS6 REDEMPTION CODE INVALID
            LSIMPSON161 Level 1

Curt, thanks. Just completed a live chat with Adobe customer service and resolved the problem. Got my serial number and headed to my account to start downloading.

I appreciate your email and when I read it there was a gasp! Bought it through Amazon.

Lenny SimpsonCollision Analysis & Reconstruction, LLCc:  240.876.1412o: & fax: 301.774.4754

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:14:13 -0800

To: simpson161@msn.com

Subject: CS6 REDEMPTION CODE INVALID

Re: CS6 REDEMPTION CODE INVALID

created by Curt Y in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

Check to make sure the program is a Mac version.  s/n determines OS.  If it is mac OS then call Adobe and ask them to verify s/n, it could be a fake program.  Happens all the time on eBay.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5863101#5863101

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5863101#5863101

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5863101#5863101. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: CS6 REDEMPTION CODE INVALID
              mlance73

I have a related problem. I purchased Photoshop on EBay. When registered it on the Adobe website, I received a valid Registration Number. The site then told me I had to contact support. Pray that you never have to contact Adobe support.

I contacted support on 11/15, then again on 11/20, then on 11/26 and I'm waiting online for them now (12/2 now there are only 83 customers in line ahead of me). Each time, I contact support I am told my registration code is valid and they are referring my case to "the relevant team". Last time I was told that "the relevant team" would email me within 24 hours. Yes the last time was 11/26. Today is 12/2. I have received no communication from "the relevant team" in almost a week.

Is it common for Adobe support to stonewall customers who purchase software from other than authorized distributors? I have been told every time that EBay is not an authorized distributor. (They apparently don't understand the Ebay business concept.)

Right now all I want is either a serial number that works, or notice from Adobe that they won't supply me with a serial number so that I can take it to Ebay to get a refund for the product. Instead Adobe is dragging the process on endlessly. Besides, the customer reps keep lying about when I will hear from "the relevant team."

Any advice on how to break the log jam?