14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 8:37 AM by A.T. Romano

importing new files leads adobe to stop working

bhoomata

I am using dobe premiere elements 11.

I am facing a quite unconfortable pb : each time i import a new video or comment, it creates pb.

After introducing the new file, I ON the surser ans systematically the sound / the image blocks ether. And finally the systems stops working<.

MAny thanks,

MArtina

• 1. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
          Karandeep Adobe Employee

Hi,

can you please Tell the system specification like

Operating system

32 bit or 64 bit

Ram

Graphic Card

And also please tell which type of footages you are trying to import.

Regards

Karandeep singh

• 2. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
            A.T. Romano Level 7

MAtrina

The answers will be in the details that you supply in order for us to help you.

Let us start with "Is this a never worked before" or a "It worked before but not now" problem?

Some of my questions will be a repeat of those that Karandeep singh has just asked, some additions

1. What is the computer operating system that you are running Premiere Elements 11 on, including whether 32 or 64 bit? How much installed/available RAM and free hard drive space are you working with? Where are the Scratch Disk directed and how much free hard drive space is at that location?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the same computer as Premiere Elements 11?

3. Are you running the program as "Run As Administrator" and/or from "User Account with Administrative Privileges"?

4. Do you have the latest version of your video card driver installed according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

Now let us get to what you are doing in Premiere Elements 11 when the problems set in....

1. What are the properties of what you are putting on the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace Timeline...such as, video and audio compressions, frame size, frame rate, file extension, interlaced or progressive frame rate, etc. Are you or the program setting the project preset to match the properties of these files that you are importing into the project?

2. What are you doing in the problem when the worse problems occur

a. applying effects

b. applying transitions

c. creating titles

And do these problems occur when you have little as well as a large amount of content of the Expert workspace Timeline?

3. Are you multitasking with other programs when you are working with Premiere Elements?

Please review the above and then we can decide what next. If you need clarification on anything written do not hesitate to ask. We can go at whatever pace you feel comfortable with in order to resolve the issues that you report.

Follow up is important.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
              bhoomata Level 1

Dear Karandeep,

thanks for ur answer,

windows 7

64 bit

RAM 8 gb

graphic card : I don't know where to get it i'll inquire

What I want to import : sounds from a micro, ZOOM, and from HD camera Canon

Legria HF S20, but also - the most strange - it doesn't work with the

narration tool from Adobe itself...

thanks and regards,

martina

2013/11/21 karasing <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working  created by

karasing <http://forums.adobe.com/people/karasing> in Premiere Elements- View

the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5863455#5863455

• 4. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                bhoomata Level 1

Dear Romano,

the answers in the mail below

many thanks and regards

2013/11/22 A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working

created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in *Premiere

Elements* - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5864065#5864065

• 5. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

MArtina

Thanks for the reply. We still need to clarify the details.

You say

What I want to import : sounds from a micro, ZOOM, and from HD camera Canon

Legria HF S20,

The Canon Legria HF S20 I understand. But what is a "micro, Zoom,..."? Are they Android Apps named Zoom Camera and Micro Camera?

To start, we need to know the properties of your starting files. With the HFS20, it could be 1080p at 29.97, 25, or 23.976 or something else - not sure of audio format, possible 5.1 channel stereo included. If I am correct in that you are using Android Apps, I am not sure what their video and audio specifications are. We need this type of information to set up the Premiere Elements project settings correctly. And, are you using these devices to record only sounds?

Regarding the narration feature of Premiere Elements, what computer microphone are you using the feature...USB type or one that plugged into the computer jack? Have you gone to Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and ASIO settings to check the Input and Output settings? Most of the USB type microphone have problems with Premiere Elements (any version).

As for video card...please look for that information under Device Manager/Display Adapters in your computer. Also, see your computer's System Information.

Please review the above and then we will move forward based on your details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                    bhoomata Level 1

Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working  created by A.T.

Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in Premiere Elements- View

the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5865945#5865945

• 7. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

bhoomata,

Unless I missed something, your Reply to ATR only had the quotation from his post above, and not any comment from you.

If you are responding from a POP client, or a smartphone/or similar device, if you access the Adobe Forum via an Internet browser, your reply should post fine.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                        bhoomata Level 1

my answers are in the mail itself he sent me

rgds

2013/11/22 Bill Hunt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

created by Bill Hunt <http://forums.adobe.com/people/the_wine_snob> in *Premiere

Elements* - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5866159#5866159

• 9. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

bhoomata

Your replies are still not getting through to the posting area here.

Please try Hunt's suggestions for posting and try again since we are eager to help you resolve you Premiere Elements issues.

Key: get to an Internet Browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, access the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum and post your reply with details of your issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                            bhoomata Level 1

here r the comments I sent u in the mail :

1/ ZOOM is a name of a well-known in France handy recorder

2/regarding the other files,(shootings), I am using this Canon camera. The

"Frame height" is 1080. Are you speaking about it?

3/regarding the narration I am using the plugged one. Where can I get what

u r asking? Do u want the properties of the laptop's microphone ?

4/ as for video card : if I open Device no any "system adapter" appears

all the best!!

created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in *Premiere

Elements* - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5866238#5866238

• 11. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

bhoomata

Is this your recorder for the sound with Zoom

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Handy-Portable-Digital-Recorder/dp/B001QWBM62

If so, does your sound file from Zoom have a file extension of .mp3 or .wav?

I see that is offers

"24-bit/96-kHz linear PCM WAV files"

as well as

"variety of MP3 formats from 320 kbps down to 48 kpbs to produce smaller files"

How many channels does your Zoom sound have?

You say that the import of these sound files creates problems within the program. What are these specific problems? How far do you get before you cannot go further with audio or video? I am not understanding your description of the problem when you wrote

After introducing the new file, I ON the surser ans systematically the sound / the image blocks ether

So we need to fine tune the above details so that we are understanding on your side and ours.

Also, how you are setting up the project may or may not be related to the audio issues that you present. But, we must make sure that the project is set up correctly to avoid the probability that the project settings are contributing to some or all of the problems.

So, I go back to my questions on what the Canon is recording and what you are setting as the project preset to match the properties of that source media.

1. What are the properties of what you are putting on the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace Timeline...such as, video and audio compressions, frame size, frame rate, file extension, interlaced or progressive frame rate, etc. Are you or the program setting the project preset to match the properties of these files that you are importing into the project?

Please refer to prior post (numbered 2) for the background information requested.

Regarding

3/regarding the narration I am using the plugged one. Where can I get what

u r asking? Do u want the properties of the laptop's microphone ?

Here I just wanted you to go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and click on ASIO to open the settings area to check the Input and Output settings.

Regarding

4/ as for video card : if I open Device no any "system adapter" appears

Also, have you checked out your computer Sound System settings?

There needs to be a video card listed in the Device Manager/Display Adapters/. So, please check again.

video card.JPG

In the case of the example, the video card is Intel HD Graphics. Please confirm that you see nothing under Display adapters in the computer that you are using.

Regarding

2/regarding the other files,(shootings), I am using this Canon camera. The

"Frame height" is 1080. Are you speaking about it?

Yes. I wanted the information so that we could make sure that the project settings are correct. What I would like to see besides the Frame height = 1080 is

Frame Width

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive Frame Rate

Example...are you working with 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 @ xx interlaced frames per second which will be stretched to 1920 x 1080 for display after encoding OR 1920 x 1080 16:9 which is what it is and requires no stretching?

Frame rates can be interlaced or progressive so we need to know that too.

Please answer what you can, and we will try to help you to answer what still needs further clarification from us.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                                bhoomata Level 1

Dear ATR,

somebody has visit me about this pb and we found the solution. Just before

asking for help I deleted stuff from hard disk drive it was full. Then I

opened again Adobe, but still it was not working. we founded that

adobedidn't have

enough time to render the work. I would have need to let him some more time

and everything would have been nice and no need to ask for help.

sorry for disturbance and thanks u for ur kindness

Martina

Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working  created by A.T.

Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in Premiere Elements- View

the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5866400#5866400

• 13. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Martina,

Glad that things are now working better for you and your Project.

In very general terms, PrE needs about 40 to 60GB of defragmented free-space to work properly. It creates many large "working files." Even if almost everything, Project, Source Files, and all the Scratch Disks (Media Cache, Render Files, etc.) are on a separate physical HDD (Hard Disc Drive), PrE still needs some room on the C:\ drive. I try to always give it about 100GB of defragmented free-space (larger than that 40 - 60GB, mentioned above), and then allow it another 100GB, or more, on my second, or third HDD. Then, it has room to write all those working files.

Good luck and happy editing,

Hunt

• 14. Re: importing new files leads adobe to stop working
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Martina

Thank you for the follow up with the great news that your problem is resolved. Good troubleshooting by you and your associate.

I am not completely sure of what you meant by the solution

we founded that

adobedidn't have

enough time to render the work. I would have need to let him some more time

and everything would have been nice

I am guessing that, after your computer clean up which may have included preview and conformed files, the program needed to conform many of your files and you might not have been waiting long enough for the conforming process to complete before working in the project.

Those Scratch Disks (Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks) need to be directed to a save location with enough free space to accept them. But, from your description, it sounded more like you not waiting for a longer than usual conforming to complete.

Please let us know if you need any assistance here. We look forward to the opportunity to help. But, you and associate did great.

Thank you.

ATR