1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2015 9:13 AM by Furevika

Photoshop CC Color Picker slow lag

jwilley2011 Level 1

Today I got a new Intuos Pro Medium and installed the latest software from Wacom (6.37-5 - I think.)  I am not sure if this is related, but I am experiencing an extreme slow-down / lag when I attempt to use the color picker to change the foreground color.  Basically, when I move the circle, there is a 10-15 second time period where I watch the new color value numbers slowly, one-by-one change to the new values for the newly selected color.  If I move the color circle a couple times, it could be over a minute before the color picker allows me to choose OK and exit the dialogue box.  I tried this on another computer that had CS6, and no problems with the new tablet.  No issues with drawing/ painting very large with the new tablet. 

Has anyone ever heard of/seen this?  BTW, no problems a week ago.

Jim

Specs (I will try to update when I get back to work tomorrow)

Core-i5 8gb RAM, nVidia GPU, Win7 64-bit

Photoshop CC 64-bit

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC Color Picker slow lag
          Furevika Level 1

I see this is a really old post, but I have this problem. Using PS CC2015 with the latest Wacom driver on a Cintiq 21UX 2010. I think it is an issue with Windows Ink, as it goes away when I disable it in the Wacom driver settings. Doing this however removes all pen pressure/tilt/rotation functionality.

I have also tried making the PSUserConfig.txt, and updating my graphics card drivers, with no luck.

The strange thing is that this behaviour is erratic, and I'm having a hard time pinpointing exactly what it is that causes it (anymore than it being somehow related to Windows Ink and the Wacom drivers).

I haven't found anyone else with this exact problem, only related issues with Windows Ink being a troublemaker.