2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 5:21 AM by karinao88

My pages will not change

karinao88

My pages in Digital Edition will not change when I'm reading my books. I have to go back to library and into the book again before the page have been turned. I can se it change pages in the bottom, but the picture of the page will remain on the same as before. The books worked on my old computer. Even the Getting startet with Adobe Digital Edition will not turn the pages. What do I do? I have tried to reinstall the program again with no result.

• 1. Re: My pages will not change
          sjpt Level 4

Several people seem to have this as a bug in ADE2.0/2.0.1.

It does seem to work for most people; not sure where the difference lies.

As long as you don't need access to books authorized by vendor ID I suggest you try the much more reliable older version (see below).

If the books are not DRM at all, then use the free Calibre software, which is much better than any version of ADE.

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: My pages will not change
            karinao88 Level 1

Thank you so much! I just installed the older version, and now it works!