1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 11:11 AM by Todd_Kopriva

How many apps open at once (Windows)?

mug+saucer

Hi all

Are there any best practice  posts on (Win) workstations with full CS6 or CC and C4D. If you own (or freelance at places with) decent spec HP Z820 20-30+GB RAM etc would you normally have AI, PS, AE & Cinema 4D open at the same time on Windows? Seems a bit much to me but I thought I'd get an idea from you guys?

If yes, do you often get windows redraw issues? do you change your CPU, RAM allocation etc settings for the task you're doing or just leave it the same as you would if you were just running AE & a web browser,

Cheers for any feedback

Jake

• 1. Re: How many apps open at once (Windows)?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> would you normally have AI, PS, AE & Cinema 4D open at the same time on Windows? Seems a bit much to me...

Only have open what you need at that time. Applications don't take very long to open, so starting and quitting them as needed is not much of a burden---not when you consider that each application left open is consuming resources like RAM and VRAM, which causes all of them to process your work more slowly.

This is one of the primary recommendations in this set of resources about how to work faster in these applications:

http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7