3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2013 3:21 PM by Josh_Corey

Offline Forms with Apple apps or Android Apps

Vinicius Galo

We´re  having to much troubles to use adobeformscentral because we dont have internet wifi and cellphone quality as much as we need. We want to know if is there a Android and Apple aplications that you recommend to use to offline registration and sync with Adobeformscentral when can get strong quality signal internet to use. In time its important have a partner for this or development of one aplication that we can have confidence on use on external activities, besides we use this for internal research, there is to much job to do on the field

• 1. Re: Offline Forms with Apple apps or Android Apps
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

It would probably be best to distribute the form as a PDF so users can fill it out with or without internet connectivity and only when they click "Submit" to send the data back to FormsCentral would they need an internet connection.

Adobe Reader for Android/iOS has to be used to fill out a FormsCentral PDF, they will not work correctly in any other viewer, it is a free application in both app stores.

Saving as PDF is a paid feature and is on the "Distribute" tab.  There are some things that are not supported in the PDF: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2013

There are a few other FAQs related to FormsCentral PDFs on this page if you are looking at that route: http://forums.adobe.com/community/formscentral?view=documents#/?tagSet=undefined

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Offline Forms with Apple apps or Android Apps
            Vinicius Galo Level 1

Dear Josh Corey,The proposed resolution doesn’t really work in our case since we need to submit multiples entries whenever connection is available. Once again, we need a sort of application that can store multiples forms offline and send it at once when connection is available i.e.: My team goes to an area to collect data into the Adobe forms, this area doesn’t have an internet connection and they must collect data from multiples sources filling out at the end of the day at least 10 forms offline submitting them at the end of the day or when internet connection is available.Is there anybody that can give us support in Brazil?We are looking into a solution not necessary a free application.Thanks and have a nice day.

• 3. Re: Offline Forms with Apple apps or Android Apps
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

FormsCentral using the Free level of service, or a Paid level of service will not make the difference, what you are asking for isn't something we support except for by using PDF as I noted.  It may not be the solution you are looking for, but PDF is the only option we can provide for your use case, multiple copies of the PDF can always be created, filled out and then when a connection is available could all be submitted (one at a time).

I am not sure what type of support you are looking to get in Brazil, pre-sales questions?  This is the portal to contact customer care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

I'm happy to answer any more FormsCentral related questions if you wanted to explore further but it sounds as though it might not be the solution for you.

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful