• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC not displaying thumbnail/preview large PSD (win7)

Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Latest Bridge CC, will not display thumbnail or preview of many of my large (1.5-3gb) PSD files.

1) I have PURGED CACHE in Prefs

2) I've individual cleared cache for individual PSDs.

So, I just see the generic icon.

My only reason for even using Bridge is to visually select from my large PSD/TIFFS without having to open them first.

I'm pretty sure these same files previewd when I was running CS6 Bridge.  Lightroom 5's import will show the preview.

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Have you checked your Preferences - Thumbnails - Do Not Process Files Larger Than xxxx MB

You may need to increase the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your Preferences - Thumbnails - Do Not Process Files Larger Than xxxx MB

You may need to increase the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That did the trick. It was strange since the thumbnails work in CS5.1 and 6. And I knew about Purging the Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was strange since the thumbnails work in CS5.1 and 6

Then you must have set them before to a larger amount, I believe the default is 1000 MB and has been so for as long as I can remember

But I'm not sure about the generic icon because usually it shows a low quality thumb with black border, like the ones you get when using 'Prefer embedded' as quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this and defo a bug. If you apply a development conversion to multiple images everything goes belly up.

Cheer up, tomorrow is another day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increasing the size in this setting also solved a problem I had not being able to add keywords to the psd files. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem and I kept trying various things to fix it, didn't quite realise what issue was at the beginning. All my files were larger than 2GB, so I solved this issue by changing the thumbnail size to a larger appropriate size. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Thank YOU!  I just crossed the 'bridge' into GIG plus..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

God bless you. I thought my huge files would never show until NOW!! I don't understand the reasoning behind that adjustment, but at least I was able to change it. My files are typically 4 gigabytes and they just didn't shoe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and to solve it I selected all my images in Bridge > right clicked > selected 'generate high quality thumbnails' and it updated ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines