9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2013 11:02 AM by ERGOMOTO

Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9

orion13

Photoshop CC on Mac OS X doesn't recognize printers

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Orion13 which printer in specific are you attempting to print too?  Are you able to print from other applications successfully at this time?  Finally do you receive any particular error messages when you try to print?

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
            orion13 Level 1

Hello Jeff,

Thank you.

I just bought new Canon PIXMA MG5420 with WiFi connection.

Before I was using older model from Epson with not very satisfying results. I am able to print directly from Finder on my Mac.

Message: "There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected printer or reopen any document."

I would appreciate any help to resolve this silly issue.

Jürek

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
              orion13 Level 1

On Nov 22 I posted information relating to my issues with new Photoshop CC and printing.

I have not heard from you since. I simply need help and expect at least some support for the money I pay every month for the luxury of having your product.

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
                Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Orion13 my apologies that you have not had your inquiry answered.  You discussion has been moved already to a relevant forum.

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
                  craigatcrow

go to user/library/preferences/adobe/whatever version of photoshop you have

zip up all the files incase this goes wrong

delete everything in the folder

restart photoshop

• 6. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
                    craigatcrow Level 1

It took :

Apple tech support.

ADOBE best brains.

No solution....

Thank you Craigatcrow for your well wired brain.

• 7. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
                      ERGOMOTO

Jeff,

Having the same problem and getting the same error message here, trying to print to a currently (Mavericks) driven Epson Stylus CX4200. Had been working fine and still prints from other Adobe Aplications. Had been needing to swith back and forth between a portable work hard drive and the printer in my last USB port on this mid 2009 MacBook Pro 17" when I started getting this message.

I tried your fix, but no bueno.  Any other option or possible solutions here. I hear, and it didn't seem to function, the PS preset reset Option>Control> Shift is no longer a key function in CC?

Can I assume that since I can read this thread that I am witnessing it in it's "moved" loacation?

Mark S

• 8. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
                        orion13 Level 1

Sorry Mark, All I know is that fix from Craigcrow (above) has worked. I was also told by other source to clean up any remaining files from previous PS’s. Too bad Adobe service isn’t dependable.

Happy New Year !

On Dec 26, 2013, at 5:34 PM, ERGOMOTO <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:Craigcrow

Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9

created by ERGOMOTO in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

Jeff,

Having the same problem and getting the same error message here, trying to print to a currently (Mavericks) driven Epson Stylus CX4200. Had been working fine and still prints from other Adobe Aplications. Had been needing to swith back and forth between a portable work hard drive and the printer in my last USB port on this mid 2009 MacBook Pro 17" when I started getting this message.

I tried your fix, but bueno.  Any other option or possible solutions here. I hear, and it didn't ssem to function, the PS preset reset Option>Control> Shift is no longer a key function in CC?

Can I assume that since I can read this thread that I am witnessing it in it's "moved" loacation?

Mark S

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5958234#5958234

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5958234#5958234

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5958234#5958234. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 9. Re: Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.9
                          ERGOMOTO Level 1

Thanks anyway Jeff, will keep at it as always.

Happy New Year to you too!

Cheers,

M