5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2013 3:26 PM by A.T. Romano

Final view ( on computer ) format Issue

garyo123

I've created a music video, 

with three PIPs in it......  under the pips, i've place

A Jpeg image (copied) ........across the entire timeline

A MP4 clip ( copied multile times ) across the entire timeine

Purpose is to have this MP4 clip and the Jpeg as my background for my PIPs with some adjusted opacity.

Issue i am having is when i create the vid and look at in Elements.. seems fine, and formatted as i expected it to be.

Took the default setting when I started the project.

See Image  1

APE1.jpg

When I do a Public Share  ( as a computer file, with MPEG option,  NTSC DVD Standard )  the clip plays fine.... all element are present, but the MP4 clip, seems to not fill the playback frame.   Cut off at top and bottom.

See imgae  2

APE2.jpg

Trying to fix this on my own...... I did look at various "settings" and  was a bit overwhelmed   LOL  by all of them.  Not to mention, no idea  what some of them are.

Guessing that before I started the project........ I would of needed to make some kind of a  Project "format" setting....that would of compenstated for this.  But.... have no idea where or how to do it.   Or.... how I can correct it on a "finished" project  ....then....... re-publish.

• 1. Re: Final view ( on computer ) format Issue
          A.T. Romano Level 7

garyo123

Always appropriate to give version of Premiere Elements used and on what computer operating system you are running the program.

But, from your screenshots, it looks like you are using Premiere Elements 11 on some version of Windows.

What did you or the program set as your project preset for this project?

I am guessing that you accepted the program default which is NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30. As you can see that is a 16:9 project preset.

Yet, you say that your export was Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = NTSC DVD Standard 4:3. Why?

We can discuss other export alterntives based on your project goal, but, for the here and now and your present MPEG route, please look at

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG

with Presets = NTSC DVD Widescreen, which is a 16:9 preset.

Then, please let us know the guess.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Final view ( on computer ) format Issue
            garyo123 Level 1

Yes Elements 11

All settings (I think) are default.  Don,t know enough to make any changes really.  However, it's possible I did change something early on, by mistake.

Output... Wanted a computer DVD format.  I "think" the setting DVD Standard was what it gave me, and I took it.

You are correct. 16:9 is what Elements defaulted too.

Assuming i wanted to keep that ... what setting should I be using.

Or... If for whatever reason I did want the DVD Standard, what should I have specified at the initial creation time?

Thanks for responding to my post.

• 3. Re: Final view ( on computer ) format Issue
              A.T. Romano Level 7

garyo123

If you did create your project, with your editing based on a 1920 x 1080 16:9 project set, then when you are ready to export:

1. If to a file saved to the computer hard drive, one choice might be

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG

NTSC DVD Widescreen

2. If to burn to disc DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD

disc

with preset = NTSC_Widescreen Dolby DVD.

The focus in setting up the project is the project preset matching the properties of the source media that are going into the project. That project preset setting directs the program as to what space to have in the Edit Mode monitor from which you edit. If you intend for a SD project (720 x 480 4:3), then project preset = NTSC DV Standard. When you go to export,

1. Export to file...

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG

NTSC DVD Standard

2. Burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD

disc

with preset = NTSC DV Standard

But, before all else, go back to the current project and export it to MPEG NTSC DVD Widescreen instead of MPEG NTSC DVD Standard to confirm that is at the core of the issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Final view ( on computer ) format Issue
                garyo123 Level 1

Ok, thanks.   Bit embarrassing that I somehow missed that option.  I did look at some outpu items....just didn't understand or was a bit overwhelmed lol

Thanks again for your follow up.

Lol...seems so obvious now (output part).  Presets....idk guess I need to learn a few more terms/settings.

• 5. Re: Final view ( on computer ) format Issue
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

garyo123

Thanks for the follow up. Sounds like all is on course. Great.

Glad for the opportunity to help. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions on this or other aspects of your Premiere Elements workflows.

ATR