4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2013 10:18 AM by elainecc

available web fonts

AMULI Level 4

Hi,

Why are some web fonts available on http://www.google.com/fonts#

not accessible in Edge Animate's built-in web fonts pane (for example : Abeezee, Belleza) ?

Gil

• 1. Re: available web fonts
          sarhunt Adobe Employee

Hi Gil,

The fonts in the Edge Web Fonts panel are pulled from https://edgewebfonts.adobe.com/ which contains a wide sampling - not not all of - those found on Google Web Fonts.

You can use whatever web font you'd like by using the custom fonts tab:

Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 10.09.49 PM.png

Sarah

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: available web fonts
            AMULI Level 4

Thanks Sarah,

I have indeed used the custom tab to copy and paste the code from Google Fonts and even copied 'ABeeZee', sans-serif as the Font Fallback List.

Naively, I thought the built-in panel was an interface to the whole free inline fonts :-)

Gil

• 3. Re: available web fonts
              AMULI Level 4

Hi Sarah,

In the main font I use, digits have too different widths, so I use another one, monospaced, for the year intervals in an accordion to have even widths.

Flash allows to embed only a subset of glyphs. Is there a way to restrain the loading for the second font only to  the ten digits and a dash ? Thanks :-)

Gil

• 4. Re: available web fonts
                elainecc Adobe Employee

Hey, Gil-

Unfortunately, it's highly dependent on the service that serves the fontpack.  Google generally separates the fonts into Latin and Latin-extended, but it doesn't go any more granular than that.  You could probably create your own fontpack using a service like FontSquirrel and use local CSS to refer to it.

Hope that helps,

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful