10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2013 11:47 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint

WarrenR

how do I embed a video file from Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint so both video and sound play?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
          A.T. Romano Level 7

WarrenR

The route is easy. Getting certain files to open at all is the challenging part.

For me, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, Insert, Video, Video from File, Insert Video dialog. The choices of formats are impressive, but some will only work under certain conditions.

formats.jpg

What PowerPoint do you have 2010 or other? Important...is it the 32 bit or 64 bit version?

What version of QuickTime do you installed and do you have QuickTime installed on your computer with PowerPoint? Since I believe that there is only a 32 bit version of QuickTime that exists, this is going to be an important factor in the choice of video format for this task.

I suspect that your goal could be achieve with a .wmv export from Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. But, I would need the information requested to see if you could add .mov and .mp4 to the doable choices.

Please supply more information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
            WarrenR Level 1

The PowerPoint is 32 bit.  I have Windows Media Player. 

WarrenR.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
              A.T. Romano Level 7

WarrenR

It is very late where I am so I will give you the quicker version.

Your news was good. With your PowerPoint 32 bit and QuickTime 32 bit, you should be able to insert .mov and .mp4 movies from Premiere Elements (I hope). I have PowerPoint 64 bit and QuickTime 32 bit and that is a no go.

I also do not believe you should have an issues with a .wmv export from Premiere Elements used in PowerPoint 32 bit.

But, do some mini test runs to see if the above checks out.

I will check your thread in the morning to catch up with your progress.

Do not hesitate ot ask if you need clarification on anything written.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
                WarrenR Level 1

OK. The files in Adobe Premier Elements 9 are .MTS. I cannot find how to

convert or export them as .avi or .wmv to use in PowerPoint. Images appear

and work in PowerPoint, but no sound.

WarrenR

• 5. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Have you examined the output settings in Share? Do not forget to scroll (little, ill-defined scroll bar to the right of the Share Panel), if you do not see what you are looking for. That scroll bar can be hard to see.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

WarrenR

What is the resolution of these original .mts - 1920 x 1080? What is the frame rate and is it interlaced or progressive.

With that information I will do a run through with an .avi and .wmv Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 export and Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.

If you can get post the information as soon as possible, I can have that information back to you within a few hours or less.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

WarrenR

I am not interpreting your last post the way Hunt is. He assumes that you cannot find the Share/Computer/choices for AVI and Windows Media.

I have assumed that you have found them, but cannot get video plus audio from those exports when you insert that video plus audio into your PowerPoint 32 bit.

Please confirm.

Whatever the case, I will do the run through (road test) promised with the requested information.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....If Hunt assumed correctly and this is a matter of not scrolling down far enough to see all the Computer choices,

please check out

version 9.jpg

Compared to other later versions, that scroll bar to the right of AVI and Windows Media (version 9.0/9.0.1) is easier to see and looks more like a scroll bar.

• 8. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
                        WarrenR Level 1

The resolution is 1920x1080, frame rate is 29.9701 fps,

it is not specified as interlaced or progressive, the Standard is NTSC. The

Document type is video/mpeg

• 9. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

WarrenR

I will give this a try and let you know the results.

I tried this the other day when I first saw your thread, using a low resolution .wmv. Both video and audio were present in the Microsoft PowerPoint 10.

To be continued.

ATR

• 10. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 9 into PowerPoint
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

WarrenR

These are some results that I just generated.

I had a 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second (AVCHD.mov with AAC 2 channel audio)

and imported that into Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 with the project preset = NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97.

I obtained playback (video and audio) in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 for the export of that Timeline, using

Computer

Windows Media

with Presets = Cable Modem, DSR

and with Advanced Button/Video Tab settings looking like

wmv.JPG

The Average Video Bitrate is not showing in the screenshot. But, for the first run, leave it at 448 Kbps (kilobits per second). When you enter your frame size, you may have to click on the chain link between frame width and height to be able to type 1920 x 1080.

Here you will be using Windows Media Video 9 as the video codec.

Under the Advance Button/Audio Tab, set the audio codec to

Windows Media Audio 10

The audio format will probably be

32 kbps 32 kHz 2 channel 16 bit CBR

As for an .avi version...

Share/Computer/AVI with Presets = DV NTSC Widescreen works but the resolution of the video is going to be 720 x 480 and not 1920 x 1080.

Please give the above a try and see if that works for you.

Recap...my Windows 7 64 bit computer has

QuickTime (latest version) 32 bit version

Windows Media Player Version 12 32 bit

Microsoft PowerPoint 10 64 bit

Looking forward to your results.