• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am fed up with this...

Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yesterday, I didn't manage to log in to this forum. The signin page was nothing but the logo of Adobe. Anyway, today I can finally log in.

The problem now is, I couldn't install nor update Adobe Flash Player. Everytime when I wanted to update/install the Player with the setup, the setup never ran. I cannot get past step 2 of the installation. (Bear in mind that I can download the setup/installer, but I cannot install with it).

What I have done:

1. Uninstalling Adobe Flash Player (which is a catastrophic mistake) and completely clearing the registry and leftover files of the Player with an Your Uninstaller Pro. Afterwards, I used the Uninstaller Adobe's website provided, rebooted my pc and tried to reinstall with 3 different browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome), with no avail.

2.  Trying to install it with Firefox, meaning installing Firefox with their plugin searching function when browsing a website that required Adobe Flash Player, but in the end, it gave me a message showing me that I failed installing it, and gave me the link back to the same installation page.

I noticed that whenever I run the setup, the setup would disappear in Downloads folder and moved to the "Temp" folder. Also I noticed that the installer was indeed running shown in the Task Manager Process tab. I could end it and double-click the setup again, but it never ran. It was shown as a background process in Task Manager.

Please, I am desperate for help. 

I am on a Window 7 32-bit pc if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

This is a user-to-user forum. With very few limited exceptions NO ONE here works for Adobe and it ISN'T staffed 24/7. We're just users who volunteer out troubleshooting skills and time. We have jobs, families and lives of our own, so it can sometimes takes a while for a reply.

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following links and selecting "Save target as" (IE) or "Save Link as"(Firefox).

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I can tell no one is gonna reply to this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. With very few limited exceptions NO ONE here works for Adobe and it ISN'T staffed 24/7. We're just users who volunteer out troubleshooting skills and time. We have jobs, families and lives of our own, so it can sometimes takes a while for a reply.

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by right clicking the following links and selecting "Save target as" (IE) or "Save Link as"(Firefox).

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save the files to your Downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything, go to the Downloads folder and run the UNINSTALLER to remove all instances of Flash Player.

Next, run the ActiveX installer, and then the (other browsers) Installer.

Lastly, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to make 100% sure that Flash Player is enabled and NOT being blocked by ActiveX controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, I never ever urged any of you to answer my question. I was only expressing my frustration... So quit saying something like "this is a blablabla forum", okay? I know most of you are volunteered.

I will post the result after trying out your method. Thank you.

EDIT: This works. You are my life saver. You made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines