1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2013 7:42 AM by Mike M

my Samsung products no longer support flash player. Samsung say I need to contact adobe about it

steve7001

My Samsung products no longer support flash player. Samsung say I need to contact adobe about it. how do I get Flash player on my Samsung devices.

• 1. Re: my Samsung products no longer support flash player. Samsung say I need to contact adobe about it
          Mike M Level 6

Samsing was just "Passing the buck". Adobe can't and won't do anything about it because Android (not Adobe) droped ALL support of Flash last Summer (June 2012). Adobe is no longer putting time and money into developing Flash for an OS that's incompatible with it.

The following is from a chat I had with Samsung Support (07/31/2013) regarding this:

"Beginning August 15, 2012 we will use the configuration settings in the Google Play Store to limit continued access to Flash Player updates to only those devices that have Flash Player already installed. Devices that do not have Flash Player already installed are increasingly likely to be incompatible with Flash Player and will no longer be able to install it from the Google Play Store after August 15th, 2012."

Android recommends "Dolphin" as the preferred browser to view Flash content with Android mobile devices.