3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 9:50 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Render not matching the Preview Pane

Nathan Towle Level 1

This is a problem I have not had before.

I am trying to export a video I've made, but when I export the video, the 3D Camera & Null Object keyframes I have are not getting exported with the video for the whole duration.

The video is about 3 minutes long, and the last 30 seconds do not have the animated camera.  The rest of the video exports fine.  In the preview pane, the camera animation is also working for the entirety of the video.  So I don't understand why just a small portion of the animation is not getting exported, while the rest of the video is.

Do you know why this would be?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advanced.

• 1. Re: Render not matching the Preview Pane
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Show screenshots of the relevant portions of your Timeline panel and Composition panel, as well as your render settings.

In general, we need to know a lot more if we're going to help you. Please provide answers to all the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Render not matching the Preview Pane
            Nathan Towle Level 1

Sorry about not including this information.  Here is a screenshot of my timeline (at the part in question), one of the compositions that is not working correctly, as well as 2 screenshots of my render settings.  The only render settings I ever change are adding audio output and changing the format to H.264.

Extra Info:

After Effects CS6 v. 11.0.3.6

Mac running Mavericks (10.9)

No third party software

8gb RAM

All of the clips [except for background layer] in the video are text layers (keyframes of 3D position and rotation)

Hopefully that information helps.  I am just confused because it works fine for the other parts of the video.  I did copy/paste the keyframes in this section of the video from a previous part of the video, which I suppose could contribute to the problem.  I don't know why it would show in the preview pane, though, if it isn't exporting the same way.

settings2.jpg

• 3. Re: Render not matching the Preview Pane
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I notice that your Camera 1 layer does not extend to where your current-time indicator is parked in the screenshot.

I'm guessing that you just need to extend your camera layer.

Also, if you want to see in the Composition panel the view that will be rendered for final output, choose Active Camera from the view menu in the Composition panel.