• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop AIR 4 captive runtime app from pinging airdownload2.adobe.com

Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an AIR 4.0.0.1090 captive runtime app for both OS X and Windows. Upon launch, the app fires off an undesired ping to airdownload2.adobe.com. How can I stop this from happening?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still occurring with AIR 4.0.0.1240.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still occurring with AIR 4.0.0.1320.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you logged this as a bug at bugbase.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is logged as a bug. No response yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still occurring with AIR 4.0.0.1390.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think yo no need to aware this. Adobe offer you Adobe Air for free and may be they want to know amount of Air install over the world. From where do you think they know how many people use it? If they can get some stats - this can help improve products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is true, then this issue becomes a lot larger privacy issue. I should let my end users know that by using my software, they are being tracked. There should be an opt out mechanism, preferably on the application/publisher end.

I am completely in the dark on this and would now more than ever appreciate a clear answer on this ping issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can launch any HTTP/SSL proxy and found that any 4 from 5 executed app sending packets to the server. Doesn't matter who develop it and what software was used. I have mail agents that ping each 10 sec POP3 servers. My antivirus pinging 4 times per day for datebase updates and etc.

Also this can be auto-updating checking for Adobe Air. Looks like do you use *.AIR and not EXE/APP file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anton, no this pinging behavior is coming from a captive runtime bundle for desktop OS X and Windows. Both app and exe exhibit this behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's reporting this data:

http://airdownload2.adobe.com/air?version=4.0.0.1390&appid=MytestApp&runtimeType=c&os=w&osVer=Window... 7&arch=x86&lang=ru

I don't see any secuirty violation here. I don't care if Adobe will know version of my PC and desktop language. Moreover - I want so they will know this. This helps to resolve many issues during Air impromevent. You can manually patch Air runtime But this is not worth any penny because they don't report any secured data. Your PC OS version receive any website that just opened. Just run Firefox and they know much more. Will you report each use 'don't open firefox'? Here in the Russia we don't care about similar things because you can't do anything knowing what color of my shoes

So I can't suggest any legal option to stop pinging. Ask for Adobe directly via private messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know if there's a way to disable this communication with Adobe servers. I see some older articles about removing the air.* prefix from app ID's on Android that seem to be getting lumped in with opting out of AIR analytics. I realize the prefix is a signature that could be tracked in the store, etc., but to me it's a different issue from the app calling home to Adobe each time it starts. Am I wrong about this? Are the two related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I do app like a manager for user security information and for sure user should be sure ANY requests will be not happen from app to internet! So Adobe should to make option to disable thisrequest, or they can approve that i can patch AIR binary file to block this unpleasantness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got any way to disable the App Analytics as it is stopping my client releasing an app to the app store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you will do this - please read license agreements.
also... you want stop pinging adobe but you will by pinging apple anyway. Do you know that? Just turn on proxy and check. Each app throw some request if net is available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anton,

It appears that you do not understand the question and concern here. The other members in this post are looking for an answer as to whether Adobe will modify the captive runtime so that it does not ping the airdownload2.adobe.com servers.

If Adobe wants to capture statistics of the use of the AIR runtime, then please allow Adobe to provide the authoritative answer. And if this is the case, then let it be called out that the url airdownload2.adobe.com is not the best self-documenting url to perform this statistic gathering action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines