4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2013 5:54 PM by A.T. Romano

how do I copy and paste text style for multiple video tracks?

paulrudolphmusic Level 1

hello,

I am creating multiple video tracks with text.  I want to easily copy and paste the style, i.e., Font, Color, Size - rather than having to scroll down the giant list of fonts to find the one I want, then change the color, then change the size - each and every time.  This is arduous.

I tried copy / paste of one text onto a new video track, but when I type in a different word, it alters the original.

I have 9 tracks of video for 9 different texts that will pop in and out of my video.  I would like to be able to copy/paste then just change the text.  This would save me a huge amount of time.

• 1. Re: how do I copy and paste text style for multiple video tracks?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Have you looked into creating a Style, with all attributes, and then Saving that Style?

While you might have to apply that new Style to each Title, on a one-on-one basis, that would save a bunch of time.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: how do I copy and paste text style for multiple video tracks?
            paulrudolphmusic Level 1

thanks for the reply. 

I tried saving a Style, but the Style list isn't showing up alphabetically, so now I have to scroll through the list of Styles to find the Style I saved.  Is there a way to have the Style list appear alphabetically?

• 3. Re: how do I copy and paste text style for multiple video tracks?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

paulrudophmusic

I know of no way to alphabetized the Adobe Styles that come with the program.

If you had the time and the inclination, you could rename them all to force them to appear alphabetically, but that does not seem all that practical.

But, if your interest is in the Styles that you save and you do not hit the Reset File List, the new Styles will be at the bottom of the list and you can name them so that they appear that alphabetically at the bottom of the whole Styles list. But that does not address the matter of you having to scroll to the bottom of the Styles list.

In some instances, some things that you think that you cannot do in Premiere Elements obvious features, can be done by computer keyboard shortcuts. I check the keyboard shortcuts under the Edit Menu/Keyboard Customization and unfortuately did not find any that would be applicable to this situation.

As for your changes in one text file popping up unwantedly in another text file, that is because you have text files with the same name. Look into creating duplicates (with different file names) in Project Assets at the onset.

ATR

• 4. Re: how do I copy and paste text style for multiple video tracks?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

paulrudophmusic

From the screenshot in your other thread, it looks like you are using Premiere Elements 12.

Recently a Premiere Elements Titler Styles problem was identified in Premiere Elements 12 involving not being able to edit a Style after its application in the Expert workspace. The same problem does not exist in the Quick workspace.

You may have to develop a "go between" workflow for editing any Styles applied in Expert which refuse to be edited after application.

More later.

ATR