• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when I try to open digital editons through mu on-line library it apperars that 2 digital editons are

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to open digital editons through my on-line library it apperars that 2 digital editons are competing with each other this just recently started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give a little more detail about how far things work, which step you are at when it fails, and the messages/symptoms you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I am on the web in my on-line library and I have a book ready to read I can download to my Adobe Digital Editions.  Normally I select download from the web site and choose EPUB download.  This opens a window that allows me to select open/save, etc.  I always choose open.  That triggers the Adobe DE to open and start the transfer process.  It normally takes seconds (4 or less)  however yesterday I noticed that it took much longer so when I looked it appeared that 2 versions of the ADE were open and I believe conflicting with one another.  I had difficulty closing either of them.  I closed everything out and re-started my computer.  Then I downloaded the book.  I eventually got everything to work but was concerned what caused 2 versions to open.  I can't recall all of the details but one other time I contacted Adobe and had to go to settings to link the opening of that program with the ADE.  I can't seem to remember how to do that.  Old

age I guess.  I can call you if that is easier.  I'm at 262-783-6768.  THANKS!   From: sjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

To: Baffled <peterdfugleberg@prodigy.net>

Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 4:07 AM

Subject: when I try to open digital editons through mu on-line library it apperars that 2 digital editons are

Re: when I try to open digital editons through mu on-line library it apperars that 2 digital editons are created by sjpt in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Can you please give a little more detail about how far things work, which step you are at when it fails, and the messages/symptoms you get?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5871506#5871506

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd.  Even if you had two versions open, only one of them would normally get called to open the downloaded file.

Is it possible you are double-clicking somewhere when only a single click is needed?

Normally if one copy of ADE is running, trying to run another copy will just go to the first one,

but it might be that double clicking can start two so close together the second doesn't notice the first had already started.

Is this opening of two copies of ADE a regular problem now, or did it just happen once?

Do the two copies of ADE that open look the same? 

Can you ask in the Help/About to see if they are two copies of the same version, or tow different versions?

Phoning won't be so good as I am in UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

It is not from double clicking.  I have used this ADE for 2 years and it has worked well.  The two versions did not look the same.  One stated just simply "Digital Editions" the other "Adobe Digital Editions"  even though they were identical when opened.  I may have fixed the problem by reloading ADE again.  I'll try in a day or two when I finish my current book and download another.  I can always go to Adobe support as I did before. 

I was in the UK in August and September for about 4 weeks, England, Wales, Ireland & Scotland.  It was wonderful.

Thanks for your tips. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines