3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2013 5:48 PM by A.T. Romano

moving multiple text/tracks around?  can't see all - why?

paulrudolphmusic

I have numerous text tracks.  I am trying to move them around the screen to space them apart.  I want to see *all* of them and easily move them. However, when I double-click on a text/video track, the other ones that are later in the timeline disappear, so it is impossible to space them visually.

How do I select all or view all text/video tracks to be able to move them - and see *all* of them visually?

Note the screenshots:

With my Timeline parked in one spot so that I can see ALL nine text/video tracks:

Screenshot 1:  Ninth Track Selected:  when I doulble-click the ninth text/track (the word "writers"), I see all tracks and can move the ninth track/text around the screen.

Screenshot 2:  Seventh Track Selected:  notice that when I double-click on the Seventh track, in this case the word "transpo", the eighth and ninth tracks disappear!  Yet I'm still parked in the same spot on the timeline, so I should be able to see ALL the text/tracks.

I really have to be able to see all the text/tracks to be able to space them visually.  I could do this easily in Final Cut Express 4.

ADE ninth track selected.pngADE_seventh track selected.png

• 1. Re: moving multiple text/tracks around?  can't see all - why?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

paulrudolphmusic

I do not know if I am grasping your issue, but please consider the following as it relates to your goals to view multiple text titles.

If you double click a text title you re-open the Titler. If your goal is to reposition the text, I would not necessarily be opening the Titler which should be displaying only the text for the text file that you just double clicked.

With the Titler closed, move your Timeline Indicator along the course of the Timeline. If you see a title that needs repositioning, click once on that particular file in the Timeline to select it and bring up its bounding box in the Edit Mode monitor and use your mouse cursor to reposition it.

However, you do have a lot of text titles there so the likelihood of you selecting a title you do not want is increased. A handy aid for this is the following. Try the select the clip route first. If you are not targeting the title you want, then right click the monitor and select Select. That should give you the names of the files to choose from.

Please review and then let us know if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

If you know the following, then please disregard, this is meant as a just in case note...you will only see your text titles in the monitor dependant on the location of the Timeline Indicator.

Looking forward to your results. If I have mistargeted your question with my reply, please give more details.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: moving multiple text/tracks around?  can't see all - why?
            paulrudolphmusic Level 1

YES!  That's it exactly!  That is a HUGE help - I didn't realize by double-clicking I was re-opening the Titler each time.

cheers

Paul

• 3. Re: moving multiple text/tracks around?  can't see all - why?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

paulrudophmusic

Great news. Glad that worked for you.

I am heading back to your Styles thread. I need to add a comment there.

Continued success.

Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything written here.

Thanks.

ATR