9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2013 4:11 PM by Skeeta_Girl

Side-by-side layout

Skeeta_Girl

How can I create side by side layout boxes?  I cannot find any 'Add Adjacent' option in the Forms Central trial download.  Any help would be greatly appeciated.

• 1. Re: Side-by-side layout
          yingzhou Level 1

Hello,

I am not clear if you want to ask how to add side by side field.

You can select click the "+" button beside the field to add side-by-side field. (see below image). You only add side-by-side field at the end of field in a row, and can't side-by-side field behind Attachment and Rate scale fields.

a1.jpg

And you also can move the field to side-by-side layout.

Hopefully it can help you!

Thanks,

Ying

• 2. Re: Side-by-side layout
            Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

There is one case where you would not see the ability to add fields adjacent other fields - if you are using the FormsCentral desktop application that is included with Acrobat XI and you have not signed in or updated the application, if that is the case the feature was not in the version that shipped with Acrobat and you will need to sign in or update (Help - Check for Updates).

Thanks,

Josh

• 3. Re: Side-by-side layout
              Skeeta_Girl Level 1

Thanks Josh.

I’ll give it a try.

• 4. Re: Side-by-side layout
                Skeeta_Girl Level 1

Hi Josh,

You were exactly right - I had downloaded the Forms Central desktop application included in the Acrobat XI trial. 

I have tried to (Sign In), and also tried the (Help - Check for Updates), but it just thinks and times out.  Is this due to the download being a trial version?

I was really hoping to trial the side by side before deciding to purchase the item.  Also, as a uni student I’m looking to purchase the student version (assuming I can check the side-by-side does what I need).  Do you know if the side-by-side comes in the student version?  Is there anything that is mission gin that version?

Many thanks for your insightful and prompt response.  Thrilled you realised it was due to the XI trial download.  I was beginning to think I was visually or logically impaired.

Cheers.

• 5. Re: Side-by-side layout

Hi;

No, the update/signin issue you are having isn't related to the trial - we'll have to look into that part further...  What operating system are you using?  When did you install the trial?  Have you launched Acrobat XI and started the trial and is the trial still valid?

In order to explore the features you can sign into the website for FormsCentral (using a Free account, or create a free account) https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/home.html

The features in FormsCentral are not tied in any way to how you purchase Acrobat XI Professional, however that is purhcased you get the FormsCentral desktop application which enables you to save forms as PDF from the FormsCentral desktop application.  That is different than having a paid subscription to FormsCentral - the subscription is for online forms that collect data on the FormsCentral servers.  You do not need a paid subscription with FormsCentral to create forms in the Desktop application and save them as PDF, and with the Free level of service you can also have one form "online" collecting responses with FormsCentral.

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Side-by-side layout

One more question about the sign in and update issue - can you update Acrobat XI?  That would update the FormsCentral application to a more recent version.  If you are unable to update Acrobat XI that would explain more about why you can't update FormsCentral in that you are likely in an IT environment that restricts what you can do on your system.

Let me know about some of those questions and we can look at this further.

Thanks,

Josh

• 7. Re: Side-by-side layout
                      Skeeta_Girl Level 1

Thanks Josh.

I went to the online version of forms central, and it has let me see the add adjacent function I want.

Before I do any buying, is there a way to buy Forms Central as an outright student package in its won right, or is there only the monthly payment option?

Many thanks for the ongoing assistance.

FYI, I signed up and did the download two days ago, if this helps.  I tried to do the update in the Forms Central Help function.  I did not try updating the whole XI.

• 8. Re: Side-by-side layout

You should try updating the whole Acrobat XI application, if that is successful it should fix whatever the issue is currently with FormsCentral I think.

Regarding student pricing etc, there is not a "Student" price for FormsCentral, it is the same price for everyone and there is no "one time price" option - it is a service that you can purchase an anual subscription (Plus level, comes to less money over the year for more functionality than the Basic level, a better value) or month to month (Basic level).

Thanks,

Josh

• 9. Re: Side-by-side layout
                          Skeeta_Girl Level 1

Thanks Josh - just went and purchased the basic plan.  many thanks for the fabulous customer support.

Skeeta_Girl