Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not installing correctly on Maxthon browser

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

having a problem installing Flash using the Maxthon browser. It used to install fine (I've been using Maxthon for years) but now the Adobe page thinks my browser is Chrome so only offers me "install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe", but when I go to BBC's iPlayer site it tells me I don't have flash installed, but going back to Adobe site which tells me it is installed !

for a while the only problem was with the BBC's iPlayer page. Other flash sites worked fine, but today two websites using flash audio players failed telling me I need flash. Went back to Adobe's flash page and it says I have latest version installed !

any advise on how to get the correct version to install properly ?

cheers sarah

PS - running Win 8.1 (64Bit)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Win 8.1 and IE11 have caused this all over the place but this is the first I've seen of it with MaxThon. I don't use MT myself, but doesn't it use the "Gecko" engine (Mozilla)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines