4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2013 5:51 PM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 11 on a Mac

Willywat

I am using Premiere Elements 11 on my iMac.  I also use it on a PC.  I break large projects into smaller ones to edit and do transitions an so forth, and on the PC I then output them to avi files which are then used as Project Assets in a new project.  The Muvipix book recommends outputing to Publish & Share/Computer/MOV, but I do not have that option in my menu on my Mac version of PE 11.  In fact there is nothing in this version that says to use a particular format to edit in a Premiere Elements project. 

My question is, therefore, what is the equivalent in the Mac version to the avi output file on the PC version?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on a Mac
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You certainly do have the option to Publish & Share/Computer/Quicktime (another name for an MOV) on your version of Premiere Elements, Willy.

Check the Publish & Share/Computer option page. You may have to scroll to see all of the output options.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on a Mac
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Willywat

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 11 Mac?

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

What are you seeing in your Publish+Share/Computer/ lineup of choices?

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on a Mac
              Willywat Level 1

I think I have the most recent version of Quicktime.  I downloaded it yesterday and then bought the Pro edition. 

When I go to Share/Computer I have the following choices:

1. Adobe Flash Video - use for posting on web pages
              2. NOEG - Use for playback on this computer or burning to DVD
              3. AVCHD - Use for exporting AVCHD
              4. QuickTime - Use for email and playback on Mac
              5. Image - use for exporting still image
              6. Audio - use for esporing audio

Nothing equivilent to the PC choice of AVI - use for editing in a Premiere Elements project

I have shared to QuickTime and the quality I get is not nearly as good as the AVI on the PC.  Nor is it as good as the mp4 file I get when I share in iMovie 10.  I just like to edit in Premiere Elements.  And I will ditch the iMac when I can and download everythig to the PC in the future.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 on a Mac
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The Quicktime/MOV output uses the same DV codec is and IDENTICAL to the AVI using the DV codec that can be output from the PC version of the program.

These two files -- DV-MOVs and DV-AVIs -- are virtually identical and either can be used in a Premiere Elements DV project on other platform.