5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 1:02 PM by Sandeep Singh

Premiere Elemments 12

GilDen

What is the difference between premiere elemnts 12 and photshop 12

• 1. Re: Premiere Elemments 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere edits video, Photoshop edits still pictures

Click the red A at the top left and go to the products page to read more

• 2. Re: Premiere Elemments 12
            GilDen Level 1

I had to return photo shop 12,   because the serial number did not work,   they even tried it,  so they told me to go get a new one.   I  did,,,,when I was ready to leave I noticed in was abobe Elements Premiere 12,  not photo shop 12....They said Premiere does exatly the same thing as photoshop.   Is This true

• 3. Re: Premiere Elemments 12
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

NO... that is NOT true... Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are NOT the same, or there would only be one program

As I said... Premiere edits video, Photoshop edits still pictures

• 4. Re: Premiere Elemments 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

GilDen

Can we assume that you are dealing with installation disc? For now, I will assume you are.

I purchased the Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 bundle boxed. It came with 2 installation discs, one to be used if I had a Mac computer and one to be used if I had a Windows computer.

I used the one for Windows. On that one disc were the installation files for both Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12. After I inserted the disc into the DVD burner tray, then I decided which one I wanted to install first. A box that housed the disc had a label with a different serial number for each Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12.

Therefore, my questions about your situation would be

a. What did you purchase, the standalone product Photoshop Elements 12 or Photoshop Elements 12 bundled with Premiere Elements 12?

b. Did you buy from an authorized reseller? Who is telling you that Photoshop Elements 12 (photo editor) and Premiere Elements 12 (video editor) are the same?

If you purchased the standalone Photoshop Elements 12, then double check to assure that the sealed packaging reflects that. And, look at the price. Photoshop Elements 12 bundled with Premiere Elements 12 cost less than if you purchased the products separately. Nonetheless the cost of the bundle is going to be more than the price of each standalone. These are separate and different products that can be sold separately or together.

At anytime did you contact Adobe to discuss your problems with the serial number of your purchase?

Please check out the above and let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elemments 12
                  Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi Gilden,

Thanks for choosing adobe forums,

Regarding your query, Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements also come in a bundle pack and you get a serial number what you pay for, e.g. if you purchase Premiere elements you will get the serial number for only premiere elements not for Photoshop elements. The Photoshop elements installs as a trial for 30 days and vice versa with premiere elements.

I believe you have only purchased the premiere elements not Photoshop elements. That's why you get the wrong serial number error.

If you have any doubts please reply.

Thanks

Sandeep