I've been working on a project for a while, and have run into a very scary problem. After working, and leaving the program open for some time, I returned to my computer and found that some of the audio tracks had these dark diagnoal bars going across them (as shown below). The audio wouldn't play back or work at all. Now, I've looked this up and people seem to have similar problems. I did move the audio files from my computer's hard drive to an external hard drive, where they remain. The terrifying part is that when I go to the external hard drive, and look at the original files, they won't open. They read that they are 00:00 long, however, the MB or information is still shown. This terrifies me. When I try and open them in the source monitor, they read that they are only 3 frames long. I'm wondering if this is some sort of timecode malfunction, as the timecode is messed up. I've also read that it might mean the original file and the nested file in the timeline do not match. I really need help with this, as my project is depending on this.
Those are the Missing Media lines. The solution is to relink the audio clips in the bin to those files on the hard drive.
I figured that was the case. I tried that, by making clips offline, then re-linking them, and it did not work. This really is a stumper, because I can't seem to figure any solution out.
That is the only solution here. You do have to make sure the clips are relinked to the correct files. (And if they were 'moved', they need to be identical to the originals, and not just in name.)