• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get flash player to stay installed.

Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to download Adobe Flash Player every time I turn my PC on. I go on YouTube and get: “The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback. Get the latest Flash Player”. I click to get it and it’s: Version 11.9.900.152, Your System: Windows 32-bit, English, MSIE. It's Microsoft Vista SP2 and I use Internet Explorer 9.

I don’t choose the option to install Google Chrome as my default browser and Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer. I download, save and install the program. I shut down my computer but have to do it again the next day.

Looking at my add-ons I have:

Not Available:

Name: Shockwave Flash Object, Publisher: Not Available, Status: Enabled

ActiveX Filtering is unchecked.

I shouldn’t have to do this every day. I’ve had to do this for a while. I’m not good with computers so please have patience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller and installer directly by right clicking the following links and selecting "Save target as".

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Uninstaller

Save the files to your Downloads folder - DO NOT RUN THEM YET.
Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything, go to your Downloads folder and run the UNINSTALLER to remove Flash Player completely.

Then run the installer to replace the Flash Player ActiveX Plugin for IE.

That should remedy the "disappearing" plugin issue.

In the even it doesn't, you may want to repair IE9: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I saved the files, rebooted the system, used the uninstaller, run the installer and rebooted the PC. Went on YouTube and I still got the "You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video. Download it from Adobe."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to repair IE9: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What order do I do it in? Do I reboot the PC, use the uninstaller, reinstall, repair IE by resetting IE settings and reboot PC? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines