2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2013 9:48 PM by Pianorexic

PE11 Blu-ray play problem, etc.

Pianorexic

I just created my first video in PE11 and burned a Blu-ray disc. I made it as an auto play instead of with menus.

When I played it in my Blu-ray player, it would play but functions such as fast forward and rewind were not available.

Any ideas about what would cause this?

Also, I'm somewhat confused about the best method of creating a Blu-ray disc image to burn multiple discs rather than

waiting for each burn to render. It doesn't seem to have this function in PE for Blu-ray although it is available for DVD.

However, I noticed that there are multiple choices for saving as an HD file. Would any of these work?

Also, I have Roxio Toast 11. Would it be better to burn the first disc in PE and then copy the disc in Toast as a disc image?

This would seem to make sense, but I'm wondering if it is the best way.

I'm using a recent model Macbook Pro.

Thanks for any help offered.

• 1. Re: PE11 Blu-ray play problem, etc.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Pianorexic

Unlike the Publish+Share/Disc DVD and AVCHD, Blu-ray has never had a burn to folder option, just burn to Blu-ray disc.

Many have used the Phantom Burner in conjunction with Premiere Elements to create a disc image for the Blu-ray. I have written about it in several places. Here is the latest.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

The above is applicable to Premiere Elements 11 Windows.

You wrote for your autoplay Premiere Elements Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc...

When I played it in my Blu-ray player, it would play but functions such as fast forward and rewind were not available.

Any ideas about what would cause this?

This would seem to me to be a function of your player and its remote, not Premiere Elements. For comparative purposes, have you looked at "fast forward" and your player with an autoplay disc as well as a disc with menus in this instance? Are you using a BD-R or BD-RE Blu-ray disc? What do the instructions for your player say about it fast forward function and Blu-ray discs?

You may not be alone.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/81559-toast-11-blu-ray-fast-forward-fast-rewind-do-n ot-work/

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE11 Blu-ray play problem, etc.
            Pianorexic Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am aware of the Phantom Burner, but I just tried the Toast approach, and it works!

I can burn a disc in PE and then copy the disc in Toast to an image file and save the file for burning later.

I don't really mind burning the initial disc in PE. I just didn't want to render video each time a want a copy. By the way, I

read your post about the disc image function being available for Blu-ray in the Mac version, but in mine it is not available, only to disc.

I'll check into "fast forward" with autoplay vs. menu disc. Also, I noticed there is a firmware update for my Blu-ray player (Panasonic DMP-BD75)

which could also address such problems. I'm using Philips BD-R discs burning with an OWC Value Line Slim external drive (drive mechanism is Panasonic UJ-240).

Thanks for your help!