• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access Index in Merged Projects

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm merging several projects. I've compiled the master project and all child projects as both Webhelp and Webhelp Pro. Either way, I cannot access the index for any of the child projects after I publish the master project.

Would I be able to do this with Roboengine? Does it solve the Index problem? If so, do I need a separate software license for the development, test and live servers?

Otherwise, what do I do to display the index for ALL child projects from the master project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
First, unless you have RoboEngine, forget WebHelp Pro. It only works on a server with that installed.

Second, the types are nothing to do with your index problem. If you have merged your help correctly, then on opening the parent help, you should see the topics, TOC and index for all the projects.

There's a topic on my site about merging webhelp. Take a look at that.

Are you seeing the TOCs for the child projects? That will be a clue. You are creating the TOC in each child, not using the parent TOC to point to the child topics?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp