I have designed a simple process to create PDFs from XML files. The problem is the PDF creation gets slower and slower over time.
The process is designed like this:
1) loop on a source XML directory (it contains 3000 XMLs),
2) read (using Read Document activity) the n-th XML file,
3) run a subprocess that creates a PDF (using generatePDFOutput activity) and save it to the filesystem,
4) and so on for every XML inside the source directory.
The main process inputs are:
1) source XML directory path (e.g. C:\my_xmls)
2) destination PDF directory path (e.g. C:\my_pdfs).
At the end of the process I get these results:
1) first 1000 PDFs created in about 8-10 minutes
2) second 1000 PDFs created in about 12-15 minutes
3) last 1000 PDFs created in about 20-25 minutes
I cannot use Watched Folders for several reasons but above all:
1) every 500 PDFs the process sends an email,
2) the source XML directory path may change over time.
Why do the process gets slower and slower?
I use LiveCycle ES 3.
Retrieving data ...