10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 7:50 AM by Brian_Shaw

InDesign CS5.5: The cross-references dialog box has blacked-out panels

Brian_Shaw

I'm using InDesign CS5.5 with the 7.5.3 update installed. InDesign is installed on Windows 7.

Over the past month or so, I've noticed with increasing regularity that the Edit/New Cross-References dialog box displays blacked-out panels. The listings in the panels still seem to be active, but of course you can't tell what it is that you're selecting. I've noticed this in other dialog boxes as well, for example the Text Variables dialog box. This issue seems to affect any dialog box where you would make a selection. I've also noticed strange things in the document interface, such as entire text frames turning black, or when selecting text with the mouse cursor the text becomes hidden so you can't see what you've selected. It's all very frustrating and time consuming. I can sometimes get around this by closing ID down and then restarting the program. However, it's not long before the aberrant behaviour returns.

If anybody has any ideas about how to resolve this. I would be most grateful.