11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 2:28 PM by Josh_Corey

can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email

Tania2473

Hi

I notice we can choose to have data submitted but we need the pdf form.  and it is very time consuming for us to log on and download each form when we can get up to 50 a day.

Tania

• 1. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

A popular feature request - I'll take note;-)  Thnaks for the feedback, we appreciate it and customer input does weigh in on our upcoming features.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email
            Tania2473 Level 1

Hi Josh

You don't have an ETA for that do you.  At the moment i have to put a submit button in form adobe which emails a pdf of the form to us but form central add a button as well also adds a button so people get confused and send things twice.  We would prefer to use the form central submit if it did send us the pdf becasue it is a better look for clients.

T

• 3. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email

Hi;

I didn't mean to mis-lead you, it is not something we have scheduled, I was just re-affirming that it is a popular request. I vote for it too;-)

In the mean time, related to your two submit buttons, you should be able to add the "Email" submit action to the existing FormsCentral Submit button and only have one button, I have tested that before and found it to work from the testing I did and it is not as confusing for users.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email
                Tania2473 Level 1

But the submit button in adobe will send the completed pdf to me not to form central. Which is what I want.  I have found if I don’t put the form through FC it will not work for all people.

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -General George S. Patton

Tania Lindenmayer \ Manager Organisational Shared Services \ Jabiru Community Youth & Children’s Services Assoc (Inc) \ Ph: (07) 3269 0044  Fax: (07) 3869 0675 \ Tania@Jabiru.org.au<mailto:tania@jabiru.org.au> \

• 5. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email

Maybe I wasn't very clear again.  What I understood is that you are taking your FormsCentral PDF with a FormsCentral Submit button that sends the data to FormsCentral, and you are modifying that PDF in Acrobat adding an additional button for users to click on which when clicked attaches the PDF to an email to you.  With this modification you end up with a PDF that has two submit buttons which you stated was confusing for the user...

I have tested combining both of those buttons into one (and included instruction to the user that it will do two things).  I edited the FormsCentral Submit button and added an additional action to the button for the attach PDF to Email.  This modified single button does both, creates an email in the default email client with the form attached, and submits the form data to FormsCentral.

That may or may not be useful to you but I wanted to make sure at least that I have explained it more clearly.

Thanks,

Josh

• 6. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email
                    Tania2473 Level 1

Hi

I have attached it.  The red submit button send the completed pdf to our email.  The grey sends it to form central which we have to go and get.  Though I do love that it give the parent a confirmation that it has been sent.

T

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -General George S. Patton

Tania Lindenmayer \ Manager Organisational Shared Services \ Jabiru Community Youth & Children’s Services Assoc (Inc) \ Ph: (07) 3269 0044  Fax: (07) 3869 0675 \ Tania@Jabiru.org.au<mailto:tania@jabiru.org.au> \

• 7. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email

If you tried to attach a PDF to the forum I don't think it accepts that type of attachment, you can email it to me at jcorey@adobe.com but I don't think you have a question at this point or anything for me to investigate in the PDF, right?

Thanks,

Josh

• 8. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email
                        Tania2473 Level 1

Not unless you can make the form central submit button have a mailto option like adobe submit button has.  Or you can opt not to have a submit button put on by form central.?

• 9. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email

Imported PDFs will always have the Submit button added by FormsCenral since that is the reason to import a PDF into FormsCentral, it does not provide any other value for importing a PDF other than collecting and managing responses in FormsCentral.  If you have reason to import and then not have data submitted to FormsCentral you can edit the PDF and remove the button.

I did make the FC Submit button do a "MailTo" like the Acrobat Submit button did - the one button performs both actions which is what I was trying to describe before.  This isn't something we've tested thoroughly and I can't say it will work perfectly, but from the testing I had time to do it worked very well.  I would probably add a block of text near the Submit button letting the users know it will submit the data to FormsCentral and also attach the PDF to an email.

Thanks,

Josh

• 10. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email
                            Tania2473 Level 1

Hi

The major reason I use FC is because sometimes people with only reader adobe where not able to submit the forms to us if it was not FC’d.  They said that it was not enabled and they could not save the forms.

• 11. Re: can we get a pdf version of information sent with notification email

The information in the following FAQ would resolve the "they said it was not enabled and could not..." issue - the part about adding back the Reader Enabled rights, if you have access to Adobe Acrobat, this is an FAQ on editing a FormsCentral PDF in Acrobat:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3661

I used those steps to edit your PDF and copied the Submit form action from the original Acrobat submit button to the FormsCentral submit button so it has two submit actions and then deleted the original Sumbit button so there was just the one button that does both actions. 

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful