• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to record a simple sidebar video as in Adobe Presenter 7

Participant ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Presenter 9, how to record a video with my webcam to put as a sidebar video for one slide ?

In Presenter 7 we could do that easily.  Now with the new video editer we can make great videos and capture the screen.  But that's not what need...

How to do a simple sidebar video without capturing the screen...

Look at the point 4 on this website: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Presenter/7.0/WS56318F3C-65A7-477b-8CAA-2CBF0902BA5B.html

3-...Capture video...
4-...then select... ...sidebar video to record video for the Presenter image area.

It was easy in Presenter 7 !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

When you use the video recording feature in Presenter 8+, it does record a stand alone WMV of your webcam. While the workflow isn't as clean as before, it can be inserted back in just as a sidebar video, without the background screen capture. Here is how you can do it:

• Use the Presenter Video Creator to record your video. Disregard that your screen is being captured, you won't use it.
  • After you record your video, Save your project. Don't publish it, as the published output is useless to you.
  • Back i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Presenter 9 you will have to craete the video using the Video creator. In case you dont need the screen , but only the Presenter, follow the steps below:

1. Launch Video Creator.

2. Make a recording.

3. End the recording using Shift+End

4. In the Edit mode, choose the layout as Presenter only.

5. Publish to Computer.

6. This is published as mp4 .

7. you may import it to any slide/slidebar.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Alpi Agarwal

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I already try that and it does not work....

at the point 4 you said: "choose the layout as Presenter only".

When I choose that layout I see the screen capture in the background... I don't want that. 

How to export only the recording of the camera ?

I only want the image from the camera as in Presenter 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You should be able to export only the 'camera recording' if your camera is HD with high resolution. (Greater than equal to 1280x720)

Plesae refer the following :

http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/using/record-video-presentations.html#set_recording_preferences

Thanks

Alpi agarwal

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera is a Cisco Precision HD USB.  Its a 1280X720 webcam.  So its HD.  And it works great with Presenter 7.

I saw the recording preference...

And the link you gave to me say exactly what I don't want...

"If the camera resolution is low, the Presenter screen dimension will be smaller than the Presentation. Therefore, even in the Presenter only layout, the Presentation continues to play dimmed in the background while the Presenter is displayed at the front."

My question is : How to not see the captured screen in the background ?

In Presenter 7 we could record only the camera to make a beautiful sidebar video... And now I see that this simple fonction doesn't exist anymore... I'm disappointed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the mode of "capure video" present "Presenter 7," will be sorely missed.

The procedure is much more exposed burdensome and complicated than the previous method to match the video in the sidebar of PPT and can not be executed easily by teachers who before were limited to start and stop recording at the end of the discussion of each slide.

I'm sorry because I wanted so much to buy "Presenter 9" as "Presenter 7" does not run well on new PCs with Windows 8 OS.

grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you use the video recording feature in Presenter 8+, it does record a stand alone WMV of your webcam. While the workflow isn't as clean as before, it can be inserted back in just as a sidebar video, without the background screen capture. Here is how you can do it:

• Use the Presenter Video Creator to record your video. Disregard that your screen is being captured, you won't use it.
  • After you record your video, Save your project. Don't publish it, as the published output is useless to you.
  • Back in Presenter, choose to Insert Video.
  • Browse to your webcam capture (My Documents > My Adobe Presenter Video Projects > {What ever you named the capture} > mt). Should be named something like presenter_video1.wmv
  • Presenter will convert it to FLV, you can select the quality and location, slide or sidebar, as in previous versions of Presenter.

If desired, you can use a 3rd part video conversion tool to convert the WMV video, but that may not be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources