7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 9:02 AM by A.T. Romano

cant find S/N

EC.Corona

Had my computer cleaned and i had to reinstall my program but i cant find the serial number i need to install the program

• 1. Re: cant find S/N
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

1. Did you purchase PrE from Adobe, or another source?
          2. If purchased elsewhere, did you Register PrE?
          3. Do you have the physical media, or only a download?
          4. What version of PrE are you referring to?
          5. Have you logged onto Adobe.com and signed in with your Adobe ID, then looked at your programs, on their site?

Depending on the answers to the above questions, if you still need S/N help, I would contact Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), and ask for help. On the Live Chat, you can get to a rep. by choosing "I still need help."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: cant find S/N
            A.T. Romano Level 7

WEC.Corona

Did you register your product with Adobe? What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

Online download purchase or purchase of product in box from authorized retailer?

Depending on your answers to the above, please go to the Adobe web site http://www.adobe.com and look to the top of the page or wherever it says "My Adobe".

Click on "My Adobe" to bring up the next page where you will look for the group headed by "My Products and Services".. Under that header, click on "My Products"

Wait for the list of your products to present. Then click on the triangle to the right of the name of your product. That will open the field with that product's serial number.

Please let us know if that works for you. If not, please supply more details of your situation.

Thanks.

ATR.

• 3. Re: cant find S/N
              EC.Corona Level 1

I purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 11 from Amazon I have everything that it came with two CDs 1 for Windows 1 for Mac the box instructions I just can't remember where I located the serial number when I first got the program.

• 4. Re: cant find S/N
                the_wine_snob Level 9

The S/N should be printed on the DVD's envelope. Is it not there?

After you installed PrE, did you then Register your software with Adobe?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: cant find S/N
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

EC.Corona

Try the My Adobe route first. Then let us know if you found your information there. When you register a product that does not necessarily mean that you purchased the product direct from Adobe. At least as far as I have ever known.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: cant find S/N
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

That is my understanding, as well. As there are certified resellers, say Amazon, the purchased product can be Activated, but until the user Registers the product (highly recommended), then Adobe does not have the full particulars on that product. After one has installed an Adobe product, and Activated it (if required), and that product was NOT purchased directly from the Adobe Store, I always recommend that their step would be to Register the product with Adobe, as that can really help, in issues like this.

Hunt

• 7. Re: cant find S/N
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

It seems to me that the process of registering a new Premiere Elements is more "automatic" than in prior versions. I have not done a study on this. Gone are those multi fill ins registration dialogs. My impression is that we now have a "one click" type registration of sorts where entering your ID and password does the job when you first use the product.

ATR