Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player HD problem

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

My problem is this: I recently tried to install Windows 7 64bit on a computer. Everything went ok, drivers, software but when I tried to play a video on Youtube, after a few seconds it changed the quality to HD, grayed out all other selections from quality and displayed " An error has occured, please try again later" After a refresh, same thing. I tried older version of Flash, the same thing happens. The problem is the same on Internet Explorer. I tried reinstalling the OS, only installed network driver, went to youtube and installed Flash Player for IE, the same thing happened. After this i tried it on Firefox, it said that it doesn't have flash player installed but it played ok, without problems. After installing Flash the same problem occured. Please help me because I really don't know what else can I try. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player and IE (as you discovered) use two different Plugins, because, like the rest of the browser world, Firefox abandoned ActiveX controls way back when they were still "Mozilla". So when you went to YouTube with Firefox and NO standard Flash Player plugin installed, the page detected it with javascript, switched to HTML5 mode, and played the MP4 version of the video as opposed to the FLV version.

Usually HD playback problems are related to Hardware Acceleration, which is your DISPLAY drivers, more than the network drivers. In some cases, disabling acceleration resolves the problem, in others ENABLING it resolves it, but I'd recommend updating your video drivers from the manufacturer site (not Windows - see:http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765) and then try the HD again, toggling Hardware Acceleration on and off to see which works best.

If that doesn't change anything, try the "debug version". www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines