4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 7:52 AM by JJMack

ACR don't start

ernstpriis

I have RAW-files in Lightroom but want to edit in CS6. ACR dont start.

This happens on my new computer but not on the older one

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: ACR don't start
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

If your trying to open CS6 from lightroom you should ask in the lightroom forum.   If you start CS6 and try to open a RAW file ACR should open if the raw file extention is a known RAW file type. 

• 2. Re: ACR don't start
            chuckcars Level 1

I have a similar problem in the Am unable to open a DNG file with PSCC. We thought it was a plubin conflict, however, not. PSCC and Bridge locks up, Have to Force Quit. I use a MAC and Mavericks. It worked fine a couple of  days ago.

• 3. Re: ACR don't start

Lightroom uses a different interface too Adobe Camera RAW conversion engine.  If you open a RAW file from Lightroom into Photoshop it most likely will not go through ACR Plug-in it may go through Lightroom develop module Adobe Camera RAW engine interface and open in Photoshop as a smart object layer or as a background layer.  I do not use Lightroom so I do not know all the ramifications.  I do know Lightroom does not use the Adobe Camera RAW Plug-in (ACR)  it has a different interface to Adobe Camera Raw Conversion engine.

• 4. Re: ACR don't start

I do not use DGN conversion or a MAC.  I have no problem using ACR from Bridge CC and or Photoshop CC. If the Op is using LR I do not think ACR would be involved in their problem.