3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 6:58 AM by Traxy

The ARTICLE.RPLN plug-in conflicts with ARTICLE.RPLN

Traxy

Can't seem to find any info about this online, so I thought I'd ask here. I have InDesign CS5.5 and trying to open the program now, I get this message:

The ARTICLE.RPLN plug-in conflicts with ARTICLE.RPLN. Try removing one of the two plug-ins from the Plug-Ins folder and restart InDesign. Show this alert again? Yes/No.

(Article.rpln is in the "Required" folder, not in "Plug-Ins", btw alert.)

If I press either option (Y/N), the dialogue just comes back straight away in a sort of infinite loop until I end task on InDesign.exe in Task Manager.

Renaming the file: dialogue saying the file is not recognised as a valid plugin, followed by an alert saying it "cannot load InDesign.exe because it requires Article".

Moving the file from the folder: alert saying it "cannot load InDesign.exe because it requires Article".

I THIS this may only have started happening after I upgraded to Win 8.1 (from W8), but I'm not 100% because I don't use InDesign very often. It's a basic install from disc, I've not added any plug-ins to it.

Anything I can do, or do I just go looking for the install disc and check to see if there's an option on it to repair installation? (Control Panel only had Uninstall, I checked.)

Hope anyone can help.

P.S. On a side note, Photoshop also displayed a funny message on opening the other day, but I just clicked "OK" and then it opened like normal, and has run and opened like normal since. Dreamweaver seems to open fine.