8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 6:52 PM by the_wine_snob

Adobe Bridge

lacesup

I am trying to uninstall adobe photoshop cs5.1 trial. It will not uninstall until I can uninstall Adobe Bridgecs5.1 (Bridge.exe)

How do I uninstall adobe Bridge?

• 1. Re: Adobe Bridge
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What OS are you using?  make sure you have completely exited Bridge, as there is a preference for it to start upon bootup, and if you don't actually select "Exit" from the main menu, it can reside in memory and throw off the uninstall process.

• 2. Re: Adobe Bridge
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As an add-on, IF the OS is Windows, one can open Windows Task Manager, and go to the Processes Tab, where they can see if Bridge is running. If so, it can be ended there.

Several Adobe apps. and modules, can be launched at bootup, like the old Version Cue. That one caused a lot of issues, with such operations as updating, or uninstalling, as most users were unaware that it was running in the background.

Good luck to the OP,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Adobe Bridge
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Bridge CS5 used to run as a background process, and you could find it in the hidden icons on the right of the Windows Task Bar.  Right clicking and closing should fix your problem.

• 4. Re: Adobe Bridge
                Curt Y Level 7

lacesup wrote:

I am trying to uninstall adobe photoshop cs5.1 trial. It will not uninstall until I can uninstall Adobe Bridgecs5.1 (Bridge.exe)

How do I uninstall adobe Bridge?

This makes no sense.  Up until CC bridge is a part of the Photoshop program, it can not be seperated.  But as has been mentioned before it is probably running in the background.  Close from Task Manager.

• 5. Re: Adobe Bridge

Curt, I interpreted it as the OP being unable to unistall Photoshop because Bridge was open.  I've encountered the problem before and found Bridge sitting in the Task Bar hidden icons.  Closing it let me continue with the unistall.  I think they stoped this happening after CS5.

• 6. Re: Adobe Bridge
                    lacesup Level 1

Thanks all I have it resolved

Bill Lloyd

H 519 686-6715

C 519 636-7216

lloydbil@rogers.com

• 7. Re: Adobe Bridge

What was the problem?

• 8. Re: Adobe Bridge
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Lacesup,

Great news!

Now, you most recent post has personal info - your telephone numbers. I highly recommend having that data removed.

Let us know, and one of the MOD's can delete that info.

Good luck,

Hunt