2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 12:18 PM by CPDFC

printing from Photoshop CS4

CPDFC

I have Photshop CS4. I create a picture with a specific size in Photoshop (eample: 8.5" x 11"). I send it to the printer. In the printer box it also shows the correct print size. However when it prints it is only a small sample of the picture. An 8.5' x 11" picture from Photoshop, showing that size in the Image box and in the Photoshop print box, when sent to the printer shows at the correct size and prints it at 2-3/4" x 3-1/2". If i save the picture from Photoshop onto my desktop, then open it in Microsogt Office Picture Manager, then send it to the exact same printer, it is printed out at the correct size. I don't know why it will not print it to the correct size from Photoshop.

• 1. Re: printing from Photoshop CS4
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, a few questions, please:

1. What make and model printer?
          2. Is the driver for that printer the latest one?

Some programs rely more heavily on the printer driver, and can be more sensitive to an outdated driver, than other programs.

Good luck, and let us know more, please,

Hunt

• 2. Re: printing from Photoshop CS4
            CPDFC Level 1

Printer is an HP Photosmart Premium. I believe I have the latest drivers. It

has to be something in Photoshop. When I print the same picture from any

other program it prints properly with this same printer. I just can't print

anything from Photoshop to its correct size.

Thank you for your email. Let me know if you can think of anything.

Sue DiGennaro

Ca. Portable Dance Floor Company

KEEPING YOU DANCING SINCE 1956

with the quality, reliability and durability of the products you have

trusted for over 50 years!

www.cpdfc.com