Are you using ADE to read bought books, library books, or only free books?
If only free books, I suggest you install the superior free Calibre instead (http://calibre-ebook.com/)
For bought or library books you do need to install ADE on the new machine.
You will also need to register it with your Adobe ID; the same one you used on the last machine.
If you can't remember that ID or the password, ask, and we may be able to help.
I will give instructions for the latest version of ADE (2.0.1), even though I am afraid it has more problems than the old one it is more 'standard'.
- Goto http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/digital-editions/download.html
- Click on the 'Download Digital Edition 2.0.1 Windows (5.6 MB)' (you can go direct to http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_2.0_Installer.exe if you prefer)
- When it has downloaded you must open/run it. If you are using Internet Explorer, choose the Run option when you start the download.
- It should now go through a fairly standard install procedure, asking if it is ok to run the program, etc etc
Take the easy 'yes' or equivalent option at each step.
- When it is safely installed, run it. It should have put an icon on the desktop.
- You now need to authorize ADE.
Use ctrl-shift-U which will open up a dialog asking for your Adobe ID and password.
- You should now be able to use it pretty much as you used ADE on your old machine.
Good luck. Unfortunately not a very easy process even when all works well, and there are several things that can go wrong.
Don't hesitate to ask again if you need help.
Thank you - - it’s up and running and I’m a happy camper!