5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 1:59 AM by Zaxist

No jump

RonSpronk

Hello, I am new to Adobe Edge Animate. I have made a menu-animation with a 'compass' that rotates on mouseover on 4 separate symbols (buttons) around it. The compass jumps immediately to the button (label) on mouseover, but I would like the compass to play the timeline (rotate slowly) and lighten up the buttons in between.

Is that possible? And how do I do that?

This is the action I used:

sym.play();

sym.stop("pos3");

On mouseout (sym.playReverse();) it works fine.

• 1. Re: No jump
          Zaxist Level 4

just remove sym.stop("pos3");

Zaxist

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No jump
            RonSpronk Level 1

Thanks for your reply Zaxist.  When I remove sym.stop("pos3"); (and the: sym.stop("pos1"); sym.stop("pos2"); sym.stop("pos4" actions from the corresponding buttons); the compass rotates always to the end of the timeline (pos4). No matter on which of the 4 buttons I mouseover.   Ron

• 3. Re: No jump
              Zaxist Level 4

well, you just need to put stop(); action directly in your timeline where you want to make it stop, just move your time line to that time and press action and just click on stop(); from action panel !

action button is exactly under Lable button that you're using to make lable for your timeline ..

i hope this can help you

Zaxist

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: No jump
                NextStepTV

Thanks, Zaxist. I have the same problem as RonSpronk.

So, what you are saying is that stop( ) has two different meanings.

Inside a Timeline trigger, it means "play up to this point".

Inside a Symbol trigger, it means "jump to this point" instead of playing.

This means that the current version of EA does not permit an object action that will play() up to a stop().

Maybe inside an object trigger, stop( ) needs to be renamed jump( ).

• 5. Re: No jump
                  Zaxist Level 4

yes, you're right...

that means jump inside an object trigger..

Zaxist