Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install ADOBE Digital Edition 2.0.1 on Windows 7

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My current installation of Windows 7 contains Framework NET 4.0 Full.

It is up-tp-date with this.

I'm unable to install ADOBE Digital Edition 2.0.1 on this system, because

of the prerequisite required to install this packege.

ADOBE Digital Edition 2.0.1. requires NET 3.5 on Windows 7 (and this is old/outdated today).

When will ADOBE Digital Edition 2.0.1 install on Windows 7 with NET 4?

Any other ideas to get this up and running?

Thanx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the different versions of .NET at the same time, and that is what you need to do for quite a few programs.

Microsoft don't make them upward compatible.

You could install the older v1.7.2 instead, much more relaible and I don't think (not sure) it as .NET requirement.

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That's what I've done before asking here for the first time:

I've tried to install NET 3.5 on my WIndows 7. This did NOT work. I was able to install it, but not to enable the function (several tries).

So I installed Adobe's Version 1.7.2.

The problem I have with this:

- I'm able to donload and to read bought books on my PC with it 

- I'm NOT able to copy the books (Biblio Sync) from my PC to my e-reader which is connected to

my PC with an USB cable - there's no such menu point in Adobes reader 1.7.2 running on my PC

My e-reader is a PocketBook Touch Luxe

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that device is not supported by ADE, but appears to work for DRM books.

You will probably still need ADE to open the .acsm token file and download the excrypted DRM .epub file; as you have already done.

From the user manual http://download.pocketbook-int.com/623/ug_22.08/User_Guide_PocketBook_623(EN).pdf page 77, Adobe DRM, it appears that you can register your Adobe ID on the device directly.  You will just need to do this once, using the same Adobe ID you used to authorize ADE.

Then load DRM .epub files from the computer to the device using file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder) as on page 16/17 of the manual.

The .epub files are probably in the 'My Digital Editions' subfolder of your 'Documents' folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thank you for your suggestions.

But as already said I've installed ADOBE 1.7.2 some time ago be able to download the books I bought :-)).

It works. The books gotten are stored in C:/Benutzer/my-user-name/Eigene Dokumente/My Digital Editions/xxxxxx.epub.

Electronic book files have a suffix of .epub (so the suffix .peub as you say is definitely wrong).

I've read the user manual for my e-reader as well before asking, and I was able to specify ADOBEs DRM stuff on it (offline), and I knew what to enter there too :-)).

I've even seen and read pages 16/17 of the manual as well, and I know how to copy files around too :-)).

But these pages in the manual do NOT tell you WHERE to copy your books (what directory on the e-reader).

I've experimented a bit with different directories on the e-reader, but without any success so far.

And I've used non-protected e-books as well for testing this.

So:

Has anybody an idea WHERE the epub files (and all the other file types that can be displayed by this e-reader) must be copied to (what directory) on this e-reader (PocketBook Touch Luxe) to be found and to be displayed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines