1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2013 7:40 AM by JJMack

I'd like add a person to a photo.

mrscdolan

Hi

I have two similar pictures.  One was taken by the husband and the other was taken by his wife.

How can I take the husband out of one picture and add him into the other picture?

Thank you

• 1. Re: I'd like add a person to a photo.
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

mrscdolan wrote:

I have two similar pictures.  One was taken by the husband and the other was taken by his wife.

How can I take the husband out of one picture and add him into the other picture?

Open the image that does not have the husband. I will be the bottom background layer.  The use menu File>Place and select the image that has the husband.  This will add a smart object layer the covers the first image. Then hold down the  Alt or Option key on a Mac then click the add layer mask icon in the bottom of the layers palette.  This will add a linked hide all layer mask to the layer containing the husband and hide the entire layer. Set a soft tip white paint brush and pain on the area where the husband was standing to reveal him. when you have him well extracted switch to the move tool and move him to where you want him to be.