Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get Flash to work on Mac OS X 10.9

Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new macbook Pro running 10.9 and I downloaded Flash, but I still show that I have a mising plug-in.  I have tried to uninstall Flash using the adobe uninstaller and then re-install it, but no luck. I even tried to do an erase and install then re-download flash but it still doesnt work.  I also booted to the recovery partition on the mac just for fun and flash didnt even work on a minimal system.  I have downloaded the most recent version of flash and it shows that its installed, but I still get the "missing Plug-in" error.  I am using Safari 7.0. How can I get lash to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Missing plugin" or "Blocked plugin"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Missing Plug-in" is what I get.  I know that Flash has been installed successfully and can see it in System Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari>Preferences (Cmd+,)

Under Security, is "Allow Plug-ins" checked?

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...

There are instructions here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1343084  to do a FULL "clean install".  I did it with my 10.7.5 machine, but the steps are the same for Mt. Lion or Mavericks.

That will remove EVERYTHING that can cause a problem and let you start fresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok ill try it now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!  that worked.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines